Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Wednesday, August 03, 2005
Tell Me No Secets, Tell Me No Lies.
Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?" Priest: "No, not if you did not know." Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"
Annie Dillard

I don’t understand, maybe I’m stupid.
Maybe,no maybe about it.

Curious George is not to curious now. I guess pretending to be president takes a lot of your brain power.
He is now pushing intelligent design and wants it to be taught in the schools nation wide.
Well it finally happened. The brain damaged children are calling the shots. If you have any so called learning disability don’t tell me how to live because I’ve had all of them except alsimzer’s and that is probably waiting to make a big entrance. I am dislyesic and have ADT. I’m codependent and a facilator. I quit AA because the people were to needy and bragged to much. I think I caught Autism from the T.V. adds.

I am getting tired of other people who are caught up in their own little fantasy world trying to drag me into it and trying to paint me as evil if I don’t conform to their world vision.

Now My Commander And Chief is getting into the game to counteract Sen. First’s little defection from the religious right. He now wants stem cell research.

I am a Veteran, though not one who went through what Longthought or most of the people in service now have gone through.

I try to be a good person and even try on occasion to make other peoples lives a little better. I haven’t murdered anyone lately or even raised my voice to my coworkers who cause me extra work.

However I refuse to give intelligent design even a polite politically correct hearing.

I’m sorry, if you have religious beliefs that are that blind I know I can’t change your mind and will not even try. I know your opinions from years of having them forced on me every time I turn around.

I’ll give you an idea how it has been for me. My mother when I was about 8 became a Mormon and put all of us boys through the training and had us baptized. We did have to tell the Bishop that we understood the teachings and wanted to be baptized. Second one for me as I was a Baptist until then. Well, someone’s commandments say,” Honor your Mother and Father” so I went along with the game.

I finally had to tell the Bishop of Salt Lake to distroy any record of my involvment with the Mormon church just to get the missionarier to stop calling on me all over the country.

I can’t find a way to swallow the intelligent design bull. I would be more willing to accept the view put forward in “Mission To Mars” I Think being a seeding project by a superior race much more believable than “LET THERE BE LIGHT!”.

If God rested on the seventh day he’s a slacker, because so much was left to undone.


Wow! How did I get religion mixed up with politics?
I must be a child of my times.
I guess environment is at least part of evolutionary development. : ).
 
posted by Nit Wit at 12:53 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: