Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Saturday, February 27, 2010
MOOD MUSIC
Music is moonlight in the gloomy night of life.
Jean Paul


I don't listen to music nearly as much as I did when I was a long haired Hippy in the late 60s and early 70's. I now find that the type of music I listen to is much more varied and depends on the mood I'm in. I like all kinds of music though I think Rap is better when recited as poetry without the background noise.

I was pondering this tonight and began to think about how my choice of music depends on what I have gone through and the mood I'm in because of it.
This may be obvious to you but I don't spend much time in self examination, or as I call it contemplating my navel.

Sometimes if I have been getting bored because every day, TV shows, or web sites seem to be more of the same I will be delighted to find something new like this little number. 













I will also sometimes be captivated by something that is posted on someone's blog and then find and listen to everything I can find by that performer.
I have Kali to thank for the enjoyment I've gotten from this selection.
http://lakotaphillips.blogspot.com/













There are also times when I have had Doctor appointments or having a passel of Grandkids to take care of all day and or night. When everything is finally quite and I am relaxing I often prefer music like this.
The most memorable time this brings to mind is my first night home from the hospitals after 5 months.I'm in my special bed with the lights out and I realized that there would be nobody coming in all night to poke me and check my vitals, though I did see The Boss peek in to make sure I was still there a couple of times.

This song often reminds me of that night.









Sometimes I start feeling sorry for myself.
I regret my wasted youth and think, Boy if I knew then what I know now.
The truth is I would have made the same or possibly even worse mistakes.
This little ditty will usually knock me back into the real world.










Then there are days like Thursday when I spend almost all my waking hours following the great health care summit and all the political junkies and spin doctors trying to tell me that this was a victory for the Republicans and how they bent over backwards to protect the people's (Bless their little hearts) desires because everyone knows they are not for health care. Not to mention the Democrats fear of doing anything that would make people think they had balls.
There is only one video I have found that will bring me down before I  blow a gasket and have to go back to the hospital.

I hope my two readers enjoy.







 
posted by Nit Wit at 6:50 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger billy pilgrim

    i like hot chicks with violins but then again i like hot chicks without violins too.

    i'm not there introduced me to lots of younger musicians i'd never heard of before and i became a fan.

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    you boys and your hot chicks..
    I like all of the songs..I find I still listen to the same music I listened to when I was much younger..the oldies and goodies..but there is a some music out there now that I like.but few and far between..The Heavy is my favorite right now..and after the olympics I have listened to every song K.D. Lang ever sang..