Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Saturday, August 13, 2005
RALLY ROUND THE FLAG BOYS!
When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall - think of it, always.
Mohandas Gandhi

Well, I can dream can’t I?

I have been a little behind the news.

I posted a copy of Cindy Sheehan’s blog because I was a little surprised she has so little hate at what has happened.
Her attackers include:
Drudge,
Bill Oreilly,
Michelle Malkin,
Fred Barnes,
Rush Limbaugh,
and an E-MALE from her son’s Godmother claiming to speak for her in-laws condemning her present actions.
She has been labeled as a “crackpot”, who’s son would not approve of her crazy actions.
Her stand has been described as ”a little bit of a swindle” by Rush Limbaugh. Of course scamming doctors to get multiple prescriptions for meds is the result of an addiction and must be forgiven.
From her blog it seems she’s getting a lot of grass roots support but I know the opportunists are there just as they were during the Teri Shavio disgrace.
If the lights and cameras are there, so come the opportunists to get more free press.
If Bush had invited her into thee ranch she still might be there but she wouldn’t be fast becoming a symbol of all Gold Star Mother’s.
That is the most predictable part of the Bush administration, (or any other in the recent past) They may take credit for something if they can give it a good spin, but under no circumstances take the blame for anything.

I think this, if it keeps going is going to spell the end for a lot of people in Congress who have hitched their wagon to the Bush star. The trouble is all I see around are a bunch of Democrats who are just as bought.

I think I have received the Chinese curse. “May you live in interesting times.”.
 
posted by Nit Wit at 9:35 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: