Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Random Rumbles





I took the picture below standing on my front porch Monday morning about 10:00 AM
What you are looking at is the little bridge I cross to get on the main road leading to my work about 3 minutes driving time away.
They closed it the first of the month for replacement. It will take 6 months and what they have been doing is driving girders into the ground with a pile driver.
Now they are demolishing the old bridge and erecting the new suspension arches.
Needless to say they don't do this silently. Makes it a lot of fun getting my sleep every day.
You can just make out the green arches of the old bridge. At the rate they are going right now the whole bridge will be gone by Friday.
I now have to follow this road the other way about a mile and then double back on the road on the other side of the bridge. It adds about 5 minutes to my commute. If I walked in the old days it took me 14 minutes to get to work. Life is tough.






I came home from work Tuesday morning at 4:00 AM to see this start.
This is South Central Ohio.
I took this from my back door.
That's The Bosses grill under it's cover.





This was about 6:30 AM again from the back porch.





I really need to move south.
It was pushing 80 degrees all last week.
Tonight it should get down to 32 degrees.

I've got The Golden Compass to watch though.
I like that movie though I like the book a lot more.
Not much of a post but here's my new favorite Stumbleupon Picture.







 
posted by Nit Wit at 2:28 AM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At 5:17 AM, Blogger Kalibitch

    Let me know how you liked the Golden Compass, 'kay?

    Love that bottom photo - made me laugh into my coffee this morning.
    Sucks about the bridge.
    :(

     
  • At 7:21 AM, Blogger BBC

    They are replacing the two eighth street bridges here, but they are far away from me so I have no noise to put up with.

    But its messed up trying to get around in town, especially finding a way to places in the area between the two bridges. Thankfully I don't have to deal with it much but it will be a mess for two years.

    The weather here has just been a pain this spring. No paradise anywhere anymore I guess. Been paved over with parking lots.

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger billy pilgrim

    good idea on the moving south.

    the geese have it right, fly south in the winter and shit on everything in your path.

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    blogger is starting to piss me off..
    there are plenty of cheap houses for sale here in west, texas....it's going to be in the 80's all week, and we already had our rain..4-5 inches..so we'll be good till about july...
    i was going to post that picture on my next stumble upon post. cracked me up...see, great minds think alike...

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger McRaven

    Thanks for the belly laugh before I head out the door to work. That last picture was the best! I loved it!

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger Big Tex

    Thanks for adding me to your blogroll. I've returned the favor, of course.

    That last pic is hilarious. Photoshop is the most wonderful thing that was ever invented. Would like to see the Golden Compass, but I think I'd like to read the book first. I've heard it's good, and the book is always better than the movie so there's that.

     
  • At 3:08 PM, Blogger Liquid

    Shall I send the helicopter for you and the "Tin Man"?

    Dang........sorry 'bout the brigde thing too.

    {{{will you let me,
    atleast,
    touch
    the Golden Compass?}}}

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger texlahoma

    Snow? We're usually done with it by mid march. Moving south might be good but on the other hand, it sure gets hot in the summer down here.