Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
I WONDER WHO WON?
I voted today. Or I should say yesterday, and I did well I only voted for one loser in a Supreme Court race. I now have the right to bitch about what goes on for another couple of years.
If I had skipped voting I would have had to quite blogging about politics and that would leave religion and that yucky personnel stuff that I tend to avoid so as not to have everyone delete me from their blogrolls.
It looks like Ohio is going to shift slightly toward sanity. For the last 16 years Ohio has been steering into the crazy with the gas pedal to the floor.
A state raise of the minimum wage won here as well. My son the dishwasher is happy about that. Hard to believe that next year he will be able to vote. He has a history teacher this year who is very big on politics and current events instead of just dates and dry dubious facts from history books. As a result he is taking much more of an interest in what goes on in the world. The fact that he turns 18 next July and we are at war has something to do with it I'm sure.
There are still two really close races for the Senate right now, Allen in Virginia just sort of conceded but said all the votes are not all counted. It's so close that their is almost sure to be a recount if Allen wants it.
Missouri has gone to the Democrat they say. Montana is the last one with 65% counted at 2:30. I thought Ford would win Tennessee. I was surprised that Perry won in Texas. Too many people on the ballot taking the sane votes.
I got a call the other day from Guolania (sp) you know the old Mayor of NY. Monday evening I got to listen to Laura Bush. Today I got several calls from Republican robots claiming the most outlandish things about the Democratic candidates on my ballot. Proves if you are on the Federal Do Not Call list the Republicans think it doesn't apply to them. I don't know why I'm surprised they ignore any law that is inconvenient to them.
One strange thing though, I only got two political cards in the mail and one was from The Boss's union. Postage must be too high.
Now let's see how long it takes before I rant about the new government.
 
posted by Nit Wit at 2:14 AM | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    congrats on the minimum wage. my poor daughter was making under the minimum wage due to "market conditions."

    britteny files for divorce and a shift in politics; i wonder how many psychic hotlines hit the daily double yersterday?

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    bush was on tv for an hour doing a buffalo shuffle trying to cover his ass..he looked sorta sad..too fucking bad...and rumsfeld is out..wahoo..if we take montana and virginia..we have the senate too...the goddess said she would not get into the politics as she was more concerned about the sick and hungry..but i think she must have had a little sumpin to do with it..halafuckingluia..

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    My mailbox was stuffed with politcial flyers daily and stuff was hung on my door.
    Looks like a bunch of my fellow state residents voted for the dark side. Bastards. Glad the rest of the states are smarter than the lot down here.

     
  • At 7:06 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    I answered your question on my own blog comments... errrr...
    But here it is again:
    Waldo is really the Lockness monster. Try looking for him in Scotland.

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    I'm sure you'll have no problem finding some sleazy people to bitch about. Dubya is still in office, ya know?

     
  • At 11:30 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    My spidey powers command you to go wish Jackiesue a happy birthday!

    You went beta, didn't you? Humph!

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger apositivepessimist

    you are going forward and we are going backwards thanks to the passing of the new workplace rules...no penalty rates for weekend work blah blah blah.

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    My dashboard told me to switch over too, but I'm not good at following rules.

     
  • At 2:07 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    Hey- how did you know about the Antonio/pretzel dream?

     
  • At 3:31 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    Poor little lizard thing! JS's cat would probably eat it too. I hope it survives out in the wild. It probably eats spiders!