Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Monday, November 08, 2010
PLAYING THE BLAME GAME
The government, which was designed for the people, has got into the hands of the bosses and their employers, the special interests. An invisible empire has been set up above the forms of democracy. Woodrow Wilson


I'm starting to get annoyed with most of the talking heads I'm hearing since the election. Everywhere I turn is someone saying that the election was Obama's failure. I, like a lot of people have been disappointed with his attempts to work with the Republicans when even my three year old Granddaughter knew it would never happen. I think that a lot of those problems are going to be gone with Rom Emanuel.
I believe that the main reason for the Democratic defeat was much more due to the habit they have of bending over and being the Republican's bitches.
Even when in the majority they let the Republicans call the tune.
Over 400 bills just sitting because the Republicans objected, using made up rules that have one thing in common. They are all in place to thwart the will of the people.
The bills that did get through the Senate were hopelessly watered down for no reason since the Republicans didn't vote for them even then.
Hundreds of people picked by the administration to work in positions throughout the government and Judges to fill empty courts waiting because one Republican objected to their appointment. Meaning that every Federal trial is delayed due to a shortage of judges and where the other positions remain unfilled or in many cases a person who was planted by the Bush Administration before they left is filling the position.
Since the stated Republican goal is to ruin the Obama Presidency I'm sure they are just doing a hell of a job.
Add to this the so called Blue dog Democrats who are actually just moderate Republicans who have no home in that party anymore and I'm surprised there were any bills passed.
I'm just saying that to me it seems Obama had less to do with the Democratic failure than say the 535 or so men and women who were sent to do the peoples business and spent almost two years playing their fiddles while Rome burned.
 
posted by Nit Wit at 2:52 AM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Charlene

    I agree. It seems the work our Congressmen and Senators think they have been elected to do is get re-elected.

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    Steve Darnell for President 2012.
    Your exactly right..and someone said that Obama had lost his voice..bullshit..he lost his balls. All the gay people are pissed because he's working to keep don't ask don't tell after saying he would abolish it..I just want to see him get some jobs here..like offer tax incentives(like they don't already have them) to big business's to bring back at least 1/2 of their business's and jobs..sigh*..

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    oh...by the way..I'm sooo glad your posting..keep it up..

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger billy pilgrim

    i'm not an american but i think his biggest problem is getting elected in an economic downturn and trying to keep an electorat happy that is used to tax cuts and increased spending.

    also i think he should let his press secretary do a little more of the talking.

     
  • At 11:57 PM, Blogger Nit Wit

    I can't run for President. If I do I'll lose my Social Security disability. Then again they might take it away from everybody who has it soon anyway.
    $30,000.00 a day. That's the minimum a freshman Senator has to raise every day from his first day in office to get reelected. That's just about my best yearly earnings in my life.