Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Friday, August 31, 2012


GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE!


The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell.
Confucius

Mitt Romney claims that his vast experience in business running a corporate raiding company makes him the best choice to run the United States.
In his nomination acceptance speech he had what I consider a telling Freudian slip when he said that he was the best choice to get this company back on track.
He had another when he introduced Paul Ryan as his Vice Presidential pick. Introducing him as, “The next President of the United States.”
 Makes me wonder who would be in charge.
I don't know about you but in my working experience the last person I would expect to lead this country out of the dark depression that Bush and the Republican Congress of his time and the present is someone who making things better for the workers (read 99% of Americans) is ever more than a happy accident on the road to maximizing profits for his Stockholders (read rich big business masters.)
I think I'm going to stick with the person who through his words and actions that he wants to make things better for the whole country.
The thing I fear is that unless we give President Obama decisive victories in both the House and Senate and eliminate the unconstitutional Filibuster Rule it will just be more of the life destroying political games that take the place of honorable public service all across The United States in a time when the Citizens United decision could be the law of the land.
Then again as always, I could be full of shit...
 
posted by Nit Wit at 7:56 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments: