Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
TARGETED CUTS


I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
Clint Eastwood




I have been thinking about the horrific events in an Tucson Safeway parking lot. I think it's all terrible but it has become common place for prominent people to be identified as targets in the extremest political world. So public figures like Congresswomen Giffords and a Federal judge should be aware of the dangers to themselves. On the other hand a middle aged voter talking to her representative or a nine year old girl discovering the workings of democracy for the first time have a right to expect a safe and secure environment.

The first outcry I heard (after people wondered how he got a gun) was about how the elected representatives in Washington had no protection and they started offering suggestions such as having the Capitol Police start providing protection details for officials or carrying weapons themselves. One thing they are doing is erecting a glass wall between the House floor and the gallery so if someone protests from up there they won't hear it.

Since the shootings in Arizona without much coverage just off the top of my head there were two students shot when one brought a gun to school, A man in Washington shooting up a police station and another guy in a Wal-Mart parking lot who when confronted by police opened fire resulting in the death of a woman who may or may not have been with him and dieing himself.

The topper to me showing the choke hold the gun lobby has over conservatives happened today in Utah where they passed a resolution naming a Browning semi-automatic handgun as the state gun in honor of Mr. Browning the creator. As you would expect some liberals voted against the resolution and surprisingly one Republican. No Hell didn't freeze over. The reason he gave for voting against the resolution was that it might offend other gun makers.

My head hurts. Maybe it's a tumor.

On the bright side I have come up with an idea that might make me so rich I wouldn't give a crap about all this political crap anymore.

I think I will register as a Lobbyist in Washington and build up a client list consisting of whatever big Wall Street banks and investment companies and the manufacturing companies sitting on those trillions of dollars. I'll get them to set me up with funds and then approach the politicians and offer to provide private protection from Balckwater (they're known as Xe Services now, I don't know why.) and they won't have to worry about a thing. Just remember who is keeping the angry crazies away. There are a lot of them out there. Just look at the people who showed up to the town hall meetings over health care and Glenn Becks Teabag rally.

I'm gonna be rich!
 
 
posted by Nit Wit at 8:29 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger billy pilgrim

    yup, you have potentially millions of mentally ill people walking around with guns, some with high powered automatic weapons. shit, even the mentally healthy people are only one bad event away from going nuts. and they all have the right to arm themselves.

    in germany, hitler made the jews wear stars. maybe we should make the politicians wear stars, i wouldn't want to get shot because someone thought i was a politician.

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    I can't see how the idea of 'arm everyone' is the solution to so many crazy's with guns...but then I'm not crazy about guns anyhow.