Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Thursday, September 08, 2005
Can't Keep My Mouth Shut Anyumore!
Republicans have been accused of abandoning the poor. It's the other way around. They never vote for us. Dan Quayle

I know I have used the same quote again, and a Dan Quayle quote at that, but it fits to well to only be used once.

I am astounded at the blindness of the people who are looked at as leaders in this country. Sorry I was trying to not blog about the Katrina clusterfuck until people stop dieing, but I’m weak.

Sen. Santorum Suggests penalties for some who don’t evacuate.
Duh! I know that if I was asked to evacuate my home I would be hard pressed to find a place to go and a way to get there, and I don’t think of myself as poor.

President Bush seemed really concerned about Senator Lott’s house while people were dieing in New Orleans and the outlying parishes.

While Bush was touring the damage and hugging people Friday tons of food and water for St. Bernard Parish and Algiers Point sat and waited for the air traffic ban to be lifted after the President went home.

Home.
I wonder what the people who are scattered across at least 10 states feel about being away from home. A big adventure if you know where your family is and have someplace to go.
Then again, if you are lost or trying to find any of your family, not to mention friends and coworkers, and are being shuffled from one shelter to another you might not feel to secure.

Barbara Bush says, “Almost everyone I’ve talked to says we’re going to move to Houston.”Then she added ”What I’m hearing which is sort of scary is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality.

“And so many of the people in the arena here, you know were underprivileged anyway, so this-this (she chuckles slightly) is working very well for them.”

I am a typical male with an inflated opinion of myself. Compounded I might add by the positive reinforcement I get from my wife, but even I don’t fall for the inept spin that is going on now.

Well I am breaking my own rule right now. Never blog about politics sober and awake.

Night all work in 11 hours. 
 
posted by Nit Wit at 8:34 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: