Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Sunday, September 04, 2005
Shamfull Me.
You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everybody dances with the Grim Reaper. Robert Alton Harris

William Rehnquist is dead.

     I’m ashamed to say that my first thought when I saw the headline was, “Oh crap, Bush gets to nominate another one.

     Then I read the article that had obviously been prepared in advance, (a real sign that you are somebody.) and started to think with my head instead of my prejudices.

     Chief Justice Rehnquist was appointed by Nixon and elevated to the Chief  Justice post by Reagan, which makes him a true conservative.

I will say again that I am not a Democrat, liberal or a Republican, conservative.
I think Political parties are akin to the old political machines that have run parts of this country.

I don’t have much to complain about when I look at Rehnquist’s stand on most things. He consistently voted to reduce federal government power and increase the power of the state government.
Without going into it in more depth what I want to say is that he may have been a conservative, but he was a real one as opposed to what passes for one today. He did a tremendous amount of good for this country and will be missed.

RIP Chief Justice Rehnquist. 1924-2005.
 
posted by Nit Wit at 5:07 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: