Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Tuesday, April 04, 2006
JUSTIFABLE JINX
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
Rogers Hornsby

I think the Cincinnati Reds have jinxed the whole season before the first game even started. I just finished watching them lose a squeaker to the Chicago Cubs 16 to 7
That’s how I watch games; I record them while at work and then watch them in the morning. It sometimes gets to be a real challenge not to learn the score before I get home.
Where was I? Oh yea the jinx.




The first sitting President to throw out the first pitch in the Reds 130 years is the Gump.
He actually had the gall to at the last minute invite a few of the disabled Vets who were there to unfurl a giant flag during the Anthem out on the field to stand behind the mound. One had an artificial leg and the camera stayed focused on it as he walked out.
I always think his point in doing this must be, see how I make solders lives better.
Anyway I think the Reds, who had an outside chance of getting to the playoffs are doomed to finish in the basement.
That won’t stop me from watching every game I can and going to see them live when I can. I’m weird that way.
 
posted by Nit Wit at 9:36 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 6:47 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    You are just weird, but that's why I like you!!!

    Ya, those Google assholes decided we were generating false clicks and shut our acccounts down. I never saw any money either.
    Bascially, they don't want people to click on the ads is what I have determined.
    I like the yahoo ads much better. The service is awesome. I get a response from them via email in less than 24 hours if I have a question. If you want to sign up for them, click on the ads by yahoo in the right corner of the ads. It takes awhile for you to be approved and it is still in Beta testing. But I am pleased with their level of service. Google sucks.

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    Hell, I thought I was nuts!! But some of these people have serious issues!!
    I know, my cell phone misses the book. I now just throw it wherever.

    Hey! I bought a lotto ticket for tomorrow night. I'm planning my retirement too.

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    lordy..lordy lordy..

    how can a president who's first acts as a president was to cut the benefits to vets continue to use them to push his war...makes me nuts...
    baseball is just appitizers till football gets here..i havent loved baseball since my dodgers moved to la...