Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Monday, May 29, 2006
LEGAL LEDGERGAMANE
This is a case if the President is permitted to be above the law, then we no longer have a republic.
James Bovard

I have been hearing a lot about the fact that the Gump has not used his Veto on a single bill passed by the Congress. Whenever someone mentions this in a news show or article they act like it is a good thing but they don’t mention the reason he never uses his Veto.
Every law sent from Congress to be signed by the Gump first goes to Dick Cheney’s office and is reviewed by a group of White House lawyers led by longtime legal adviser David Addington who is now serving as Dick Cheney’s chief of staff.
The reviews are done to find any reason no matter how dubious to include a signing statement when the bill is sent to the Gump. They include them to try to justify exempting the President from the laws in question on the grounds that they infringe on his powers in their interpretation of the Constitution. This is how they justify torture, wiretapping without warrants and any law pertaining to the military or executive branch.
There are not too many. In the history of the country there have been around 600 signing statements added to bills… that is until 2000. The Gump has signed more than all other Presidents combined. At last count he has added signing statements to more than 750 bills.
Most legal scholars think that the majority of the signing statements would never stand up to a challenge. Gee, I wonder why nobody challenges them?
I don’t think the Gump not using a Veto is because of that though. I think that Cheney snuck into his desk and stole his Veto rubber stamp and just tells him what to sign.
 
posted by Nit Wit at 9:07 AM | Permalink |


13 Comments:


  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    That sneaky Cheney bastard!!

    Yep, Elliott is one amazing and organized guy to do all that, eh?No, Peaches wouldn't let another cat in this house and Franky probably wouldn't either. Nor would I. Two is enough for this one bedroom apartment.
    Oh ya, lots of racing yesterday. Today is relax day. ahhhhh...

     
  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    you should read the article about ole dick in the recent vanity fair...old dick..new dick...he's still a dick...those people scare the fuck out of me..maybe that's why i have trouble sleeping at night...them bastids in charge..

     
  • At 1:19 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Bush doesn't have the brains to have an opinion of his own. He's a talking head doing what he's told. Haven't you noticed that most of his "Bushisms" come out when he's answering questions instead of reading a script prepared by his handlers?

     
  • At 2:57 AM, Blogger Scottish Toodler

    WOW!!! That is really serious!! This regime really is like the Nazi's in making sure it is all done "legal." I keep hoping that when it is proven that Bush and Co committed fraud to get into the office in 2009, every law and piece of legislation and appointment will be reversed as well. GREAT POST!

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    What? My posts have order?
    I can keep living in a dream world without the meds. That's cheaper anyway!
    Will Duct tape get my car to start? I should try that. (PS... the newest post is about the car)

     
  • At 3:40 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    Yep, think I'll just take the car to a shop that can fix it. Autozone is beyond the free 5 mile towing radius.
    It really does sound like the starter is stuck. Not a pretty noise. I'll let the cell car assist people try a jump start first, if that works, then maybe I can make it to Autozone. If not, it's being towed to Firestone, which is much closer.

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    Elliott..... drool....
    You need some sleep man!!

     
  • At 11:45 PM, Blogger Michele

    Cheny is the puppeteer and bush
    is the puppet.Bush probably
    has never had an original
    thought in a while.
    Stop by for a visit.

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    Well, now that the car is fixed, I'm kinda scared that the guy with the hammer will come after my starter. Don't want to give any indication that the car isn't working anymore. Maybe the pretty new rear tires will blind him away from my car.
    I agree, it's the quality of the oxygen in the air around here. Not the car!! Blame Bush.

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    Don't all Doctors charge you something?? hehehe
    I was really strange getting only what was on my list. Maybe that's why I was nervous! Normally, I find something else that I don't need but through in the cart anyway.

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    A single story? Ahhh... you will enjoy that. Oh wait, you have kids, maybe not. :)
    Moving sucks!!! Good luck and don't hurt yourself!

     
  • At 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
    »

     
  • At 5:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
    »