Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
DIAGNOSTIC DENILE
An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less.
Nicholas Murray Butler

Took a trip to Columbus yesterday to see the Hematologist about my Hereditary Hemocromatosis. I never saw him before but he is supposed to be good.
He told me after looking at all my test stuff that my family doctor sent him and actually examining me that he didn’t think I had Hemocromatosis. He said that I did have the mutated gene but that I didn’t have the high concentrations of iron in my organs that I would have to have. I had an elevated iron level in my blood but was a little anemic at the same time.
So let’s see, I had a wound and it is gone now. I had this blood disorder and now I guess I don’t after all. If this keeps up my diabetes will suddenly go away followed by my immune system returning to normal and letting my liver go on about its liver business. Then my high blood pressure will return to normal. At that point I’ll be back where I started last year.
Well I can dream can’t I? It is good news though. The Hemocromatosis is the most dangerous thing I thought I had. Now I can take vitamins and eat red meat again without worrying about raising my iron levels.
That 6 weird things about me tag has really started to make the rounds. It is even showing up on the Blogster site.
I’ve been working on a nice Dell laptop for the last week and have come to the conclusion that you should not spill beer into the keyboard. So far it needs a new keyboard and a new hard drive. I hope that’s all but it seems to be overheating every couple of hours too. I hope the person who owns it has the money for the parts.
Well, after being up in the daylight yesterday I’m getting tired so I think I’ll call it a night as I have to go to work tonight. Have a fun day!
 
posted by Nit Wit at 5:49 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    hey maybe lighting all those candles and praying to the goddess for you works....have to check the rest of the people i have on my prayer list and see how they are...heal sinners...heal....
    so glad you are better..that is really great news...

     
  • At 1:26 AM, Blogger Clance' McClannahan

    I gave my old computer a couple of beers, a couple of times. Lightweight just didn't have much tolerance for alcohol.
    The official cause of it's death was alcohol poisoning.
    That is so cool. Like Jac said...all those prayers and candles sure didn't backfire now did they!

     
  • At 6:22 AM, Blogger Linda

    I am so happy things are on the upswing when it comes to your health.Lol about your 6 drifting down to Crapster. They are hard-up for some decent stuff to read over there. To many "sweetness and light" people down there to suit me. Every now and then I go visit my own blog and everyone else's from here. Glad I got out...don't know what I'd do with a laptop. I feed my keyboard coffee. But they are easy to replace. with a laptop you kill the whole thing, right? Take care. Steaks, here you come!

     
  • At 1:19 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    Cool! The roaches are working. I mean you're healing! Maybe you are actually getting younger instead of older.... it could happen!