Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Tuesday, June 06, 2006
Murphy’s Moving Laws
Well just a quick note to let you know how my day has gone.
I picked up a 24 foot U-haul at 1:00 PM and then backed it down a 300 yard narrow dirt road with trees and a nifty drop-off on one side. Then spent most of the next 12 hours packing it with twice as much stuff as will fit in the new place.
1:00 AM, tired and sore I climb into the cute little truck, turn the key and it will not start.
That just makes my day. I have to be at the Doctor this morning for blood work and to get my meds called in as all my refills are gone.
Fuck a duck until it quacks. Why is it I am not surprised that this happened?
At least My cable got hooked up today, though when I hooked up my laptop to check the internet I came to my blog and it looked strange and had no sidebar and after a minute it wouldn’t let me do anything. Seems to be working fine now.
I’ll blog and comment soon if I ever get the truck unloaded.
 
posted by Nit Wit at 3:41 AM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 5:11 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    i have been here over 11 years now..i have sworn to anyone that will pay attention...if i have to move.i will insure everything and then set the fucker on fire..
    my widdle chubby heart goes out to you...hope all goes well, once you get the truck from hell started...

     
  • At 5:11 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 5:12 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    it double posted...

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    Moving sucks!!!! I feel for you. If the truck crashes by accident with all your stuff inside, is it covered by insurance? Just wondering. Don't forget to jump out before it crashes!

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    hows the moving coming..? sucks dont it.?

     
  • At 1:43 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    You don't really need much sunscreen on the Pacific Northwest coast. It's usually cloudy there. But I'm sure there's some virtual sunscreen around.

    I would think that the moving would make you feel old, not Elliott. Actually, Elliott makes me feel a little old as well since he is younger than me. Damn. At least my vision is still good.