Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
WRITERS WAR


Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.

Robert A. Heinlein

Leo has a post about his favorite writers, I agree with number one but his number two is Dr. Seuss which isn’t a bad choice with the reason he gave and I do agree with number one. Robert Heinlein has guided me through life since I was a little nit with no wit.

I have to say that I have so many authors that fight for second that I can’t decide.

Robert Louis Stevenson,

Jules Vern,

Charles Dickens,

Sir Arthur Coonan Doyle,

Mark Twain,

Faulkner,

All the others I can’t figure out how to spell.

Asimov,

King,

Bradbury,

Block,

Nevins

Marion Zimmer Bradley,

Not to mention Arthur C. Clark J. R. R. Tolkien and Robert Silverberg.

I was never a great fan of Vonnegut, His work makes me see double, though I do love Slaughterhouse Five.

When we get into more current writers though I am partial to Tom Clancy, J. K. Rowling, and Sue Grafton and a multitude of others.

The truth is that nobody beats Dean Koontz for me the last few years.

When I get started on his books I sometimes read ten or twelve in a row.

I started False Memory yesterday so I will be on a koontz jag again.

Now for the really important writers in my life we go to the Blogs

We have Jackiesue who is evil and also a Yellowdog Granny.

There’s Babs who is going insane. She may even catch up to me someday.

Of course there is Ruby’s Leo and Denise of the mental excrement. There’s Kevin and Apos, and a whole lot of others who I try to read every day. The trouble is the list keeps getting longer but the time remains the same.

I sometimes feel that I am letting myself down by not posting as often as most of the people I read.

I also feel guilty that I can’t give my kids everything their mercenary little hearts desire.

I have no Idea where this is going or where it's been but I wanted to post and am sick of the politics and religion subjects right now, there is some juicy stuff coming on both topics soon.

Until then I’ll just say that my two favorite Heinlein books were Time Enough for Love and Friday. Not the ones most people pick.

Gotta go watch The Davinci Code now and glory in the knowledge that religion is a contrivance created to control the people.

Jackiesue really is evil, she made me spring a leak before sitting on a whoopee cushion.

As I said this is a Pointless Post. Hey, I just created a pee pee. Must remember to put the seat up and flush when I’m done.

Wooooooosh right down the drain.

 
posted by Nit Wit at 11:23 AM | Permalink |


13 Comments:


  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    ooooooooooooooooohkay..I'm sorry I led you astray..but you should have known that I would never drink again.
    so serves you right..ha..but I have to admit..I did go to bed that night after posting it and thinking..'oh I love fucking with people's heads.'.
    sigh*
    some of my favorite authors:
    james lee burke..if you havent read him..YOU MUST..
    janet evanovitch
    james patterson
    h.allen smith
    and many many more..i will send an email of all of them...im reading a book now that is really good..called humanoids by robert j. sawyer..where the world is split into parallel universe and in one neanderthals have survived and humans havent and one of them gets to our earth sides...very good..when i get through with it i will send it to me.if you send me address..then you can pass it on..maybe to leo..

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Damn, that's a fine list of writers from both of y'all. I've always been a SiFi fan and nothing beats a good thriller/mystery. I knew I was in good company when I met the two of you

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    I loved "False Memory". One of my Koontz favorites.
    Don't let me know when I catch up to you.

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger the rube

    great list. have you ever tried harry turtledove and his alternate histories? the "in the balance" series are my favorites. he interjects reptilian aliens into the second world war and of course the outcome differs.

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    ok..i just finished Hominids by Robert J. Sawyer and it was soo good..the premise is there are parallel worlds..in one the neandertha's survive and we dont..and then their is our world..someone during an experiment Ponter Boddit gets pushed into our world and the plot thickens..there's a series..will get 2nd and 3rd one's this coming sat..but if you want i can send you my copy and then send it to leo when you get through...it's really good...espicially when the neanderthal finds out that there are no wolly mammoth's and we have hunted some animals into extenction..really a great book..let me know..i really think you will like it..

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger Rocky (Racquel)

    peeing is so underrated.

    There is nothing quite like the release of a good long tinkle.

    Trust me, it even feels good when you're doing it in the ghetto.

     
  • At 1:40 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    I'll pass on the dog and parrot. Seems to be interesting enough for me around here.

     
  • At 4:03 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    A sex change for the cats? Wonder how much that costs?

     
  • At 3:17 AM, Blogger apositivepessimist

    I remember when I went on my Koontz jag...lucky for me he was [is] so prolific...but I must admit I haven't read him in a while.

    I love the murder mystery books Patterson, Kellerman etc. Really I will try most genres well except for the romancy shit.

    As a kid my favourite author would have been Enid Blyton.

     
  • At 6:10 AM, Blogger Unknown

    sorry to be off topic bro

    I've been up for 3 nights, crying like a little girl, I feel as though I have no friends in the world, my mind keeps raceing with thoughts of being alone all my life, you have to understand I watched my girls grow from babies, to allmost teenagers, and been through hell and back with both, alisher with cancer, and leeann with phych. problems, and now Ill not get to see them possible not to mention Lola my best friend I've ever had, without her help, I know I would be dead by now, I dont know how she put up with me for so long as it is. right now I feel like the biggest loser ever, it seems everything I tryied at ive failed,in my life . she said shes taking the children right after christmas, It will be my most difficult time of my life, because i will be loseing the three most important people in my life, right now i hate myself, i allways find a way to hurt the ones i really love, but if it werent for larry mcelroy, i would have never met her, he came home one day and said out of the blue, that there was a girl that worked at maryann's resterant, that wanted to meet me, To this day, and I know she was god sent, because i never had the courage to ask a girl out in my life, I not only drove there i asked her out,she said no at first, and finnally caved in, wow my first date, we dated for 4 years before getting married, jack took good pictures, i wish all my friends could come. Now we have been together for 20 years and married for 16 in febuary, I hope and pray she finds a man that treats her better than i did, She deserves a good life.please forgive me for rambling on, I just need to vent I guess. I will try and let you know what day they are leaving, in will be the toughest struggle of my life, and all I need is some company, if possible, please spread this around to as many people as you can, I dont want your sympathy, just friendship for a day, you bill, and larry are the only email address i have, i had to format too many times, bill icase you try to call my cell phone, it died. out of service.
    your friend
    richard darnell

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    You are cooking the entire Turkey dinner? I'm impressed! Must have yams. It's tradition!
    Guest pussy almost got in the closet a few minutes ago. I would have never got her out.

     
  • At 3:14 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    Cool. Hope they like the dish. Just remember to stir it once real good after it's cooked in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, otherwise it turns out kinda strange looking. Then put back in the oven for another 15 mins or so. It does brown around the edges slightly depending upon the oven.

     
  • At 3:14 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    Oh, and Happy Turkey Day!