Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Wednesday, January 09, 2008
MEME OF MISERY


For the first time, the weird and the stupid and the coarse are becoming our cultural norms, even our cultural ideal.
Carl Bernstein

Well, actually from Kalibitch.

She’s mad at me because she tagged me with the 7 weird things about me thingy and I haven’t done it yet.

I have actually, a couple of times.

I thought about just republishing one of the others but I’m not sure they are on this blog

I think there on the old blog on Blogster. I wonder what my password is, hmmm.

  1. I am a product of the public school system. I learned early on that if I came across as too intelligent the other kids would start the hazing and shunning. It wasn’t that hard anyway as I was painfully shy. As a result without being aware of it I developed a public personality that made me seem dumb. I wouldn’t answer questions and almost never studied. Maintained a high C or low B average. The thing that I later found strange is that many of the teachers seemed to like this even after seeing my IQ test results. Maybe I made the other kids look like they were learning more. I have found that the same attitudes have followed me through all my working life. Most of the people I have worked with think I’m not too bright or show hostility towards me because I’ve proved I’m intelligent. That seems to be when the backstabbing starts.
  2. I have very little ambition. I have some talent as a writer, an artist, and can do almost anything I want with computers though I never seem to finish things and don’t worry much about it. I think that’s why I have been doing the job I do for 13 years. It is the same every night and it is really kind of a dead end so I don’t have to worry much about competition.
  3. I was in the Air Force for almost 17 years. I took cash instead of my pension when it became apparent that I was not going to go any higher unless I started playing their political games when all I cared about was getting the job done properly. That was also the time when The Gumps papa as a thank you to the military after the first Gulf War started cutting every people program and giving the money saved to companies like Halliburton and outsourcing a lot of the jobs that we did for ourselves. People thought I was crazy but I have been a lot happier since then.
  4. I like to drink beer and eat chocolate at the same time. I’m that way with other food as well. I like to combine things that have opposite flavors. I used to drink Drambue sp. which is basically scotch and honey.
  5. About 20 years ago I seemed to develop an allergy to wine. If I drink half a glass I get a migraine and have to stop. No other drink does this to me. I don’t even get hangovers. I miss my white Rhine wines.
  6. I am a creature of the night. I have preferred to live and always function better at night. I have worked at night for most of the last 35 years. When I’m off I follow the same schedule unless we go on a real vacation.
  7. I used to go out all the time to bars and movies and restaurants. I was a bartender for a while when I was in the Air Force and even worked private parties from time to time. I spent almost all my time with other people around. In the bars I spent a lot of time just watching others. I haven’t been in a bar since 1992 now. I don’t go to parties unless it’s one of the grandkids birthdays. Even then I tend to spend most of my time with the kids. Last night was the first time I went to a movie without my boys and the grandkids since my boys were born. I had to go see the new National Treasure movie though. It was great.

Well that’s it. It’s all 100% true (or just my paranoid fantasy) you decide for your own self.

Thanks Kali.

Now let’s see what I can come up with for you. :D

 
posted by Nit Wit at 11:20 AM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger billy pilgrim

    i'm with you on the ambition deal.

    it's ambitious people that have ruined this planet for the next generation.

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Kalibitch

    Fainting! You did it!
    I love it!
    See - I found out all kinds of cool shit about you that I wouldn't have known otherwise.
    Beer with chocolate though - dude, that's just... strange.
    ~grin~

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    Doodle Bugs, Beer and chocolate. Yep, you're strange. Glad you passed that test. And with straight A's.

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    yeah, ambition is way over rated...
    oh....my.....Goddess....
    when I used to drink beer I loved to eat snickers and wash it down with lone star..(some people would say that was to disguise the taste of lone star)..
    I did find out something new about you...your a lot sneakier than I would have thought...

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger billy pilgrim

    my second car was 68 bug. then i bought a vega panel wagon, i can't remember what year but it fell apart faster than a chinese motorcyle when i hit a telephone pole.

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    wish that I had an alergy to booze...starting about the time I had my first rum and coke in 1966...