Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Thursday, January 24, 2008
UNDERREPORTED UFOS

They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see nothing but sea.
Francis Bacon

I’m sure most of you read or heard the CNN story a week or so ago about the dozens of people in Stephenville Texas who reported seeing what many of them thought was a UFO. Then there were the people who thought it was a sign of the end of times. I bet The Gump would fit right in with this group.

The more rational people reported seeing a large silent object with bright lights flying low and fast. One fella said it was a mile long and half a mile wide.
Federal officials said there was a logical explanation. Must have been an Airplane.

I read this on 1/15/08 and for several days something about the story kept bugging me.
When I say I read it the truth is I scanned it to get the main points. I finally went back to the copy I printed and read it more closely and there it was.

“People in several towns who reported who reported seeing it over several weeks have offered similar descriptions of the object.”

That was a strange thing to bury in the middle of a story that wasn’t getting much play anywhere. If I was the editor the fact that there had been sightings around the area for several weeks would have been the story. So I did a little search and found something strange.

Dublin, Texas. Home of the real Dr. Pepper, about the same date as the Stephenville sightings.
Ricky Sorrells saw a large flat metallic object hovering over the pasture behind his house. When he told his friends they made fun of him. He said he’s seen the object several times. Must be a weather balloon.

Hico, Texas 11/17/07
Unnamed witnesses reported seeing a bright red light in the night sky at their ranch at about 4 AM.
It traveled very fast and at extreme angles left, right, up, down, and then return to its original position. When they tried to take pictures it didn’t capture it. Taking pictures of the night sky came out fine though. Obviously a case of swamp gas. Are there any swamps near Hico Texas?

McKenney, Texas. 12/13/07
Lisa and her husband while driving at night saw a bright green flash in the sky. Not much it could be other than an alien invasion. The Men in Black will mobilize at once.

Comanche, Texas. 1/08/08
Another case of seeing bright red lights in the shy moving very fast and stopping turning white and separating into two. Maybe someone’s laser pointer shining on an errant weather balloon.

Denton, Texas. 1/11/08
Another unnamed source, go figure. Observed while driving home early in the morning bright white lights traveling at eye level and about 30 miles an hour. It hugged the shore line and the witness slowed down and observed the craft as it went past. It made no sound at all and appeared to be metallic with panels and what seemed to be a canopy and on the bottom three bright white lights. Must have been some kid’s science fair experiment.

Fort Sam Houston Army Base 1/17/08
Someone who lives outside the base. I can’t understand why their so shy.
Observed a Giant pyramid with lights about 300 feet in the air. It was traveling slowly and had no wings. They observed it landing either on the base or just off it, but in that case it would have landed on houses. Must have been smoking something pretty good.

There was another thing I noticed but only after I went and played with Google Maps for a while. I am a visual soul.















After looking at the map I noticed that West Texas is not very far from all these sightings.

Jackiesue and Babs must not be looking at the night sky enough.

I also noticed that Crawford home of the western white house is in the same area.

I don’t know if anyone else has noticed but The Gump hasn’t been spending much time there lately. I guess he cleared enough brush. Must have cleared enough to make a nice parking space for some swamp gas or a weather balloon.

Then again maybe they are afraid of all the non UFOs people have been seeing in the area.

Then again, I could as always be full of shit.

Now, Back to Stephen King’s Duma Key.

 
posted by Nit Wit at 11:24 AM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    I thought the same thing when i saw how close stephenville is to us...we should be out side more...except babs is night blind and i've seen a ufo before..3 times actually...so need to go outside and freeze my ass off to see some space ship...besides if they were looking for the leader of the us, she's in chicago doing a tv show..
    i do wish that they would drop in atcrawford and take the little lying bastard back to mars where he belongs..

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger Kalibitch

    Oh great. Just fucking great. I really needed to see this post today after the weird thought I had this morning when I got out of bed. As soon as I got up this morning I noticed strange bruises on my body that weren't there when I went to sleep last night. (Not in area that might have been bruise running into something.) They don't hurt, just look awful, like i'd been grabbed too roughly. So I snickered to myself and wondered if I'd been abducted by aliens in my sleep.

    Uh-huh. Thanks Mr. Wit. I may not be going to sleep tonight.

     
  • At 6:13 AM, Blogger Nit Wit

    You can't freeze your ass off in Texas. It's 4 Degrees here right now.
    The military just came out and claims it was jets after saying it wasn't two weeks ago.

    Sorry Kali but at least I wrote something. Maybe the flowers were an alien thank you in advance.
    I never sleep at night. Sleep is over rated and it takes too much time.

     
  • At 6:50 AM, Blogger Kalibitch

    That would explain no card. They couldn't exactly say "We're coming for your ass, so sorry!"

    Is it totally fucked up that I would rather have the flowers be from anal probing aliens than the Ex?

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Nit Wit

    Sounds reasonable to me.
    What do aliens get out of anal probing? I would think being so advanced they could come up with something a little more creative.

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger Big Pissy

    Hey!

    I had to come over and read your post after I saw Kali's.

    I thought a lot of the same things you did when I read those articles.

    I just bought 'Duma Key'...will start it this weekend. Is it as good as I hope it'll be? :)

     
  • At 6:42 AM, Blogger Kalibitch

    Why map gone? I was going to send it to a writer friend who loves this kind of shit.
    :(

     
  • At 12:53 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    yeah, the chances of freezing my fat ass off are pretty slim..but as soon as it gets a little warmer im dragging babs out in the truck to the country with my telescope and we're going to be alien hunting..im looking forward to a little probing by an alien..hell i'd settle for a little probing by damn near anyone right about now..

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    Dammit! Now I'll have to go alien hunting with JS. Look what you've caused.
    I'm still in awe at the amount of stars I can see out here on a clear night. But it's been foggy for the past 5 nights. I think the govt is behind the fog as the weather people keep saying it's gonna be sunny and then this mysterious fog keeps settling in at night until about noon.
    It's a cover up or aliens know that I'm going to take over the world and JS and I will be the future Earth leaders. They are trying to contact us and keep getting lost or something.