Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
The Stock Market simply illustrated
The difference between playing the stock market and the horses is that one of the horses must win.
Joey Adams



I stole this but I forget where.

Is there a lesson here?




The Stock Market



Once upon a time in a village, a man appeared and announced to the villagers that he would buy monkeys for $ 10.

The villagers seeing that there were many monkeys around, went out to the forest and started catching them.

The man bought thousands at $ 10 and as supply started to diminish, the villagers stopped their effort. He further announced that he would now buy at $ 20.

This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again. Soon the supply diminished even further and people started going back to their farms.

The offer rate increased to $ 25 and the supply of monkeys became so little that it was an effort to even see a monkey let alone catch it.

The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at $ 50! However, since he had to go to the city on some business, his assistant would now buy on behalf of him.

In the absence of the man, the assistant told the villagers. "Look at all these monkeys in the big cage that the man has collected. I will sell them to you at $ 35 and when the man returns from the city, you can sell it to him for $ 50."

The villagers squeezed up with all their savings to buy the monkeys.

Then they never saw the man nor his assistant, only monkeys everywhere!!!
 
posted by Nit Wit at 2:34 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger L.P.

    Mr. Wit!!!!! Calling Mr. Wit!!!!
    Where iz you so i can tackle you for hugz? missed you THISSSSSS much!
    :) ~muwahh!~ glad you didn't forget about all about me during these long lonely months of my isolation.

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    wow...monkeys and the stock market...who knew?...
    so glad to have you back. now keep it up..

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Liquid

    Hey darlin'

    Glad to see you posting again!

    Make it a wonderful day!

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger BBC

    You know, it’s sort of interesting to live during a time when you get to see history repeating itself. May you live in interesting times.

    We’re doing fine over here at Polly’s Honky Saloon and Whorehouse, Americans don’t use common sense anymore, so they deserve the mess they are in. You have to be more than just educated, you have to be smart, you also have to be wise.

    They live on credit for so many things instead of saving the money up for them. Yup, they’ve pretty much just fucked themselves over. And deserve the fucking they are going to get if you ask me. Single women are really going to be hurting because they want so much on credit, and the women that have sucked their mates into deep debt have just pretty much suckered them in because the men didn’t say, NO!!

    Oh well, I’m not with a member of The Insane Chicks Society (TICS), and I’m thankful for that. I’ll get through this just fine, I hope that you do also. BTW, I do have a low income, but everything is free and clear and my credit rating is at the top of the chart. And Dan’l thinks I’m stupid, what ever, I’m surrounded by fucking idiots that think I’m stupid. :-)

    One last note, the greedy money monkeys are always more than willing to fuck over the other greedy money monkeys. It’s a monkey eat monkey world at the top of that pile. It’s why I have never put a penny in stocks and so called retirement investments. If I want to turn a few bucks I have my own safe ways. But what the hell, others think I’m stupid, go figure.

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    keep checking to see if you've done anything lately..
    hey...i've been sick and still posting..even having to google shit for goddess...so get cracking...
    babs had to put peaches down today...she's not doing well, and i think i cried more than she did.. but she went home and I know she broke down.i went with her and it was just awful...thank the goddess it was fast...