Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Friday, November 06, 2009
BRINGING OUT THE DEAD

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Hey,  Jackiesue nominated my blog for an award so I guess I'll have to post something.

I was reading Huffington Post last night and they had an article that caught my eye.
Unless you’re from Floridian you may never have heard of Rep. Alan Grayson (D-Fla.).
They were having their time to speak about the Health Care Bill and he chose to use his time to talk about the number of people who die because of having no health care. He took it farther and using a study from Harvard about next year’s projected deaths due to no health care. He then proceeded to list every Republican House member and the number of deaths in their districts if the health care effort fails.
The Republicans let him continue until he got to Oklahoma when they tried first to get him to yield his already shortened time and then asked the Chairman to strike it from the Congressional Record. They adjourned and when they came back Grayson finished his list.
He has a web site called Names Of The Dead and the list of Congressman is on The Huffington Post and is out on You Tube somewhere also.
The list I would like him to read is the one that lists all the people who have died since the spring while both parties screw around. They might not be coming to vote next year.

I had a little news the other day. My health Insurance has been canceled. With my union they are allowed to do this if you don't work for six months. They never even notified me or the people putting the claims in.
Now I will only have The Boss's Plan which is almost the same as mine and even from the same company. I figure they will find a reason to drop me pretty quick.

The people in Washington want to delay the start of even their watered down bill until after the 2012 elections. Experts say it could be up and working in a few months.

Gotta go. I have an appointment with my surgeon in a little bit.

 
posted by Nit Wit at 9:38 AM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    insurance company's make me sick.which is a bad thing as they wouldn't cover it.
    what new surgery are you going to have?...are you ok?...
    you deserve the award...you the best.

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Nit Wit

    No new surgery though we were considering skin grafts from my leg for my belly. But then I would have another wound to heal.
    There is a wound on my belly the size of a 1 lb coffee can. It was the size of a basketball in the begining. The surgon is in charge until the wound is healed and able to function at whatever level I can.

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger billy pilgrim

    good luck with the surgeon.

     
  • At 5:31 AM, Blogger BBC

    I hope it turns out okay.

    Conservative, interesting word, I've talked about it before, I don't think of it as it's described in dictionary's.

    I've also talked about health care and the fact that we should be on the same health care the politicians are on being as we are the government.

    Well, in theory...

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Josh

    Grayson is turning out to be an interesting fellow indeed. I'm glad someone's speaking up.

    Hope you're doing ok...

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    I'm glad you're home Nitty.

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger BBC

    In a mirror a conservative looks like a liberal, and a liberal looks like a conservative.

    It's just a house of mirrors.

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger BBC

    There is a wound on my belly the size of a 1 lb coffee can.

    That makes my hernia seem pretty damn minor.