Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Saturday, January 28, 2006
Predominantly Pissy Post

Politicians and diapers.
Two things we change
for the same reason.

Bumper sticker I saw yesterday.

I really like that one.
Here in Ohio the home of Diebold the election fixers we get to replace Governor felon this year along with the attorney General, and it looks like we will need a new Senator or two after the lobbyist’s scandals in Washington hit the fan.
I can’t imagine why we need to replace the Governor and A.G. I mean they have gotten rid of that pesky budget surplus we had when they took over. Besides, they have made us number one in a lot of things.
A Governor convicted of a felony while in office.
A Republican dominated state government that has ignored a court order to spread the money for education among all schools evenly instead of giving the majority of it to schools in high income areas for 6 years.
The state of Ohio is Number 1 in lost jobs not counting the Chevy and Ford layoffs that are coming.
We are also number 1 in foreclosures.
And had more voting complaints than any other state.
Last years election even fooled the newspaper polls by state newspapers that has never been more than 1 or 2 points off on the outcome of votes. Their results were opposite of what the announced results turned out to be. The state uses the voting machines that Calf. Banned as not secure without any paper trail.
They say the whole state will be using them by the 2008 election.
I can’t wait to see how that one comes out.
The fastest growing business around here is the payroll advance places. There have been at least 10 of them open in the last 5 years and this town only has about 18,000 people in it.
The same question keeps running through my leaky melon.
Are you better off now than you were last year?
Easy to answer that ones. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Sorry, didn’t mean to yell.
One thing that I think though is that Jack Abramoff is going to give everyone up. He’s already trying to sell his pictures with Bush, and you know he and his partner have documented everything. Hey, if it will get him a lighter sentence he is sure to go for it. I think he’s pissed that the politicos didn’t stop the investigations and hung him out to dry, and he’s not an aid who can be used as a scapegoat.
I finished Stephen Kings Cell this morning and it was good, not his best work but interesting. There is a preview of his next book in the back. It comes out on October 24. I haven’t made up my mind about it being my kind of book yet.
Now I have to figure out what to read next. I have a lot of books here at home, I’m talking several hundred if I include the paperbacks, and I must have 30 that I haven’t read yet. Mostly there mystery books that I buy for a quarter each at the library. Some donated and some removed from the shelves. Lots of them are by people I have never read before. Decisions, decisions, decisions.
Blog at ya later.
 
posted by Nit Wit at 8:03 AM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    Hey- you posted!! Is this going to become a habbit??

    LOL, I like that bumper sticker too!!

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    You keep posting and I'm going to have to move you up higher on my link list to those that post more often... scary....
    1-8pm? Ya, that is an odd sleep schedule for you.

     
  • At 12:33 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    you must read lincoln lawyer...i recommend it highly...best book i have read in a long time...cant wait to read the cell...and dont quit bitching about the politicans..dont want to be the only one out there whining and complaining about them...assholes..

     
  • At 4:36 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    Haha....you can't bite me!!!

     
  • At 6:40 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    pssst..... wanna buy some cockroaches???

    mwhahahahahahaha