Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Tuesday, December 27, 2005
TIME SLIP
You may delay, but time will not. Benjamin Franklin

Well this year that isn’t true. The masters of time that run the world’s atomic clocks have decided it’s time to add another second to 2005. This is due to the tides slowing down the orbit of the earth. This is the first time in seven years that it has had to be done. They have to make the adjustments to synchronize high speed communications.
So I have to endure another second before the year ends just so I can have my high speed internet connection.
Now I have to plan how to use that extra second.
I could blink an extra time or maybe twitch or just watch it go by.
Well it will put off my 50th birthday.
 
posted by Nit Wit at 5:06 AM | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    I was going to do a post about that. I still will. Found it interesting...a whole second added to time.

    Sounds like my dad is ready to scare people in the dark or blind them. Who knows what he will do with that thing. I told my step-mom that now he can quit turning lights on all over the house and just use his cap to see. He'll probably leave lights on everywhere still... :)

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    what i would like to do with this extra second is..what? its over..what do you mean its fucking over...i was going to..oh well, never mind..

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger soonerfan78

    With my extra second I plan to depress a button on a remote controlled dune buggy that is loaded with fireworks and I am going to drive it off into a buried 50 gallon drum of gasoline...or stare at the wall drooling...it's a toss up

     
  • At 2:54 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    laughing at Sooner and Jackiesue!!
    How you doing??

     
  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    happy happy....happy new year my friend...jac

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Denise

    Happy 2006!!!

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    Happy New Year!!!

    I spent to many seconds thinking about what to do with that second, I ended up losing time....

     
  • At 3:44 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    Sorry about that....sent you another invite....

     
  • At 4:48 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    Ban Comercial Corespondence works!

    Did you get the other yahoo invite? Don't worry, I told the other moderator to let you in if she gets your request before I get to it. I said, "I know that fella, kinda crazy, but I like him. He fits right in with us nuts."

    Okay, I didn't say that, but it sounded good. :)

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Teressa

    Happy New Year! Sorry I got you confused with someone else new years eve. When you come to chat just jump right in. We all are just a bunch of nuts. I too was very shy the first time I went into a chat. It wasn't even one filled with friends. It took me a long time. Once I started it was fun. I love the Ivory Tower. Hope to see you there soon. God bless.