Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Friday, January 13, 2006
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

I’m getting worried about the people at my local newspaper. This area has always had a lot of people with strong religious convections. The local paper gives up pages of space for schedules of all the Christian churches in the area and features a lot of stories about church activities. They even have a little thought for the day on the front page, and it is always an inspirational quote from the bible. I don’t mind this, but I do think they over do it sometimes. The reason I’m worried is some of the things in the paper are taking on a darker aspect. I’ll give you an example or two.
Thought For The Day 1/11/06 and 1/12/06.
If a man commits adultery with another mans wife-
with the wife of a neighbor
  • Both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.
Lev. 20:10

So the Lord said, “I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth—men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air—for I am grieved that I have made them.”
Genesis 6:7

Seems a little harsh for the local news rag. The messages used to be uplifting and inspirational. Now it seems like the depression has spread to the staff of the paper.
I’m beginning to think that the depression epidemic has more to do with what is happening to this country than the weather.
Then again as always I may be full of shit.
 
posted by Nit Wit at 5:59 AM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    my little west paper always has the lists of the churches and events..but that goes with telling people the news of a small town..and we have two editorial type articles that are written by right wing evangical christians that spout their"crap"...and the letters to the editor are usually bent in some way to the right..but it is a small catholic czech town and with the exception of me...are all a little bend to the right..they print what sells..kinda scarry...

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    It is Friday the 13th....

    I can't believe they print that stuff in a local newspaper. But, I don't live in a small town. I don't read the newspaper either so maybe I should just shut up! :)

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    I bet you get some strange looks in the checkout! LOL!
    No chocolate? That's just wrong... I'm sorry for your loss.

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger Rocky (Racquel)

    My lawsuit radar is beepin' like crazy - wrongful death from the editor inciting violence.

    I think you are on to something with your depression theory-which is why I avoid reading the paper. :-)

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    Chocolate covered hamburgers??? WTF?? Dude, your kinda strange.... but I like it!

     
  • At 8:04 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    Yep, those smokes are going to get me to the store pretty soon here....

     
  • At 12:05 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    ok, where the fuck are you? its time you posted something new....
    .........im waiting......comeon...im still waiting....