Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Media Mediorcrity
No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
Robert A. Heinlein

Well, my decision a long time ago to not watch the news on TV has been justified again. I was watching Letterman on a channel from Wheeling when it was interrupted by a news flash. I broke my rule and switched to CNN. I’m sure everyone has heard the story about the coal miners by now.  All the news channels I checked went with the story of the rescue teams finding 12 of the trapped men alive. As far as I could tell the only source they had was people outside the church where the family were waiting. The got no confirmation from the mine owners or the state, although the Governor was told the same thing.
I can’t begin to understand the emotional roller coaster the families went through. Especially when you consider the way they found out the truth from the Company CEO three hours later.
I think I’ll go back to getting most of my news from The Daily Show and the internet.
 
posted by Nit Wit at 7:55 AM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    That right there is a tragedy. Jackiesue had said something in an comment to me earlier that 11 had lived, then I was logging out of hotmail later and saw the front page of MSN. Sad.
    Yep, I don't watch the news. Nothing out there that I really need to know. If there is, I'll hear about it from someone sooner or later. Besides, it's depressing.

    Re: Your comments- you're used to being up at night. I still am not!
    Like you said, try finding a Dr. that takes midnight appointments.

    The medical gods can kiss my ass!! I have done this little plan before. True, the trick is to actually pick a bedtime and go to bed at that time. That's what I need to work on after this kick start I'm doing today.

    Glad you figured out the evil nurse plan at the hospital. Bet those night nurses weren't actually used to dealing with awake patients too often.

     
  • At 2:24 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    it was horrible..one minute im emailing babs, they are alive...next thing i know they aren't...just heart breaking...

     
  • At 12:01 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    LOL!!! Denise did some good art work on that photo, better not let her have yours!!
    Actually, did you participate in her "Caption that photo" contest. If not, you need to get over to her blog and do it!! Funny!!!

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    i hope you watched letterman the night he had billthedickheadoriley on...dave bitch splapped him with his tongue..said 60 percent of what billthedickheadoriley said was crap....yup

     
  • At 4:54 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    I'm behind on comments. I was late getting my license renewed. It was due on 12/31. But it is done now... Good luck on yours...they really do seem to work faster in the late afternoon at the DMV. No one was on lunch or break, all windows were open. I could barely keep up with how fast the lady was doing my stuff.

     
  • At 12:57 AM, Blogger soonerfan78

    I only trust the internet anymore, I use local and national news for new material in the guise of blog horror stories. I hate the media with the white hot intensity of 1000 suns, RATINGS, not accuracy is their priority, and one of these days I just may give them some fucking ratings, ofcouse in the May Sweeps, lol.