Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Saturday, December 10, 2005
SOMETHING STINKS IN MAHATTAN
That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
William Shakespeare


I have been reading tonight about the smell that has shown up in Manhattan for the second time. The EPA and city services have again gotten a lot of calls from people who are smelling Maple Syrup or molasses over wide areas.
It happened before,7 weeks earlier, but the smell was reported in different areas of the city,
The EPA has tested the air and found nothing to explain the smell.

Now, maybe I am crazy but I try to put myself into the mind of someone intending harm and try to explain the odd. The curse of someone who loves mysteries, and tries to write them.
If, I was trying to find the best places to put my canisters of poison gas to get maximum dispersal, I would try to test various locations.
In order to find out where the gas went I would have to have a strong but harmless smell that people would report and have it show up in the news. That seems a lot easier than getting a bunch of my followers to fan out over the city.

The thing that bothers me most is the official verdict of the people who are charged with protecting us that this is harmless.
In this case I hope I’m full of crap.
 
posted by Nit Wit at 12:51 AM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    Maple Syrup hmmm... I guess they are so used to stench that when something smells nice they complain?
    I think I remember a friends car vents used to smell like maple syrup. Maybe we were being poisioned.
    It'a ailens!!!!!!Ailens I tell you!!!

     
  • At 2:59 AM, Blogger Clance' McClannahan

    scary....by the way the post made google put an ad on your site
    "fishy vaginal odor"
    ROFLAO!!!!

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    Laughing at the google ad!!!

     
  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger soonerfan78

    Maple syrup odors, rats the size of bulldogs, floating barge "islands" and Katie Couric, all signs of the impending apocalypse. Our next president could possibly be a senator there. Oh, and the suicidal parade float balloon that tried to kill and maim...yep...get ready for the "big fire".

     
  • At 11:23 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    Waiting for more posts from you.....lalalalalalala
    Hope you are doing better!

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    oh man...you guys should live in west..get up early in the am and drive down into the heart of town and all you smell is bakery smells..kolaches, bread, and the best thing of all...sausage...no wonder i cant lose weight...

     
  • At 3:40 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    Now you have ads to end urine order!!!

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Linda

    Yeah I heard about that before, then heard no more about it. So the smell is back, huh. By your post, you are even more paranoid than I am,lol :)