Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Sunday, April 30, 2006
WILD WONDERFUL WEIRDNESS
I got tagged so now I have to come up with 6 weird things about the Nitwit.
Sorry it’s taking so long but there’s so much to choose from that I’m a little overwhelmed.
1. I never watch regular network TV. I love Sitcoms but never watch them until they are in reruns. I have a TV on almost all the time and have never seen any reality programs CSI shows or anything like that. The only exception is I may watch part of David Letterman or that Crag fella that comes on after him. I prefer Stand up comedy shows and movies. Especially old movies. I never saw MASH until it had been on for 7 years. I will watch baseball though, especially if my Reds are on.
2. Three of my favorite movies that surprise people who know me are Sleepless in Seattle, You’ve Got Mail, and Practical Magic. Now I really am embarrassed.
3. When I was in school I played sports but didn’t hang out with Jocks and was a geek and science nerd but pretended to not be smart. I didn’t do it consciously but I was so painfully shy that even where I did fit in I wasn’t comfortable. I actually enjoyed being alone most of the time. Somehow I still managed to have a few girlfriends
4. My first wife had boyfriends most of the time we were married and I didn’t get jealous about it. I did take a little more pleasure than I should have when she talked me into Wife swapping, or I guess it should be Husband swapping and then a threesome with another woman and got insanely jealous when it happened. Though I had a good time. I went to Korea for 20 months and she let her girlfriend live in the apartment I was paying for while she lived with a boyfriend in the same building. I filed for divorce right after I got home and took a lot of pleasure in the fact that as soon as her boyfriend’s divorce was final he kicked her out bought a Corvette and got hair plugs. Talk about a mid life crisis. She did ruin my credit though.
5. In the old days when I was free I women in bars seemed to gravitate toward me, not because I was irresistible but because they seemed to think I was safe and they wouldn’t have to fight me off. Used to make some guys jealous when I came in and sat at a table and the ladies would show up. I think about half of the women thought I was gay, didn’t matter they were usually good company. Speaking of gay, I’m not but I think I have been propositioned more than any other straight guy I know. I even got groped ounce while driving and stopped the car and made the guy walk.
6. Finish line at last… I have two teenage sons who for some reason seem to like to hang out with me. I like this though I do ask myself sometimes, If they enjoy being with me does that mean I’m a bad Dad?

Well I didn’t think I could come up with six and they are a little strange but there it is.
I’m not going to tag anyone as most of the people I could tag have already been tagees.
This post will self destruct in 30 seconds.
 
posted by Nit Wit at 7:04 AM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger Linda

    Your "6 things" are the best ones I've read here, esp. 4 and 5. I'm guessing but you are over 50 like I am? Things were a lot more fun in those days. You could smoke and drink in those days and nothing would happen. It was no shame to drugs because everyone else was. There was all kinds of free sex, no Aids and no jugemental people. When I look at past sitcoms '70's especially, no one was PC and things were so funny. LIfe these days is boring and I get sick and tired of picking my words so as not to offend anybody. So your "6" are not strange to any of us over 50. The times are strange. We lived the best of days. And I think they are gone for good....

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Linda

    PS, what did you mean about doo-doo on someone's blog?hehehehe :D I'm going to check what Grumpy had to say. Havn't been down there in a while

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    You aren't strange, you are "unique." :)

    I have never, knock on particle board, broken a bone. I just twist and sprain things. It's fun!!

     
  • At 12:11 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    i think you and babs should get together..you are the only 2 people i am friends with that dont like or watch tv..what are ya..fucking commies or something?..it is un american not to watch tv..i love tv..i learn more shit on tv than i do books..well, not more but good shit info..i love pbs..actually you should watch pbs this week..not sure what day it comes on..wed or thur..it is the texas ranch house...should be interesting..really....trust me...
    i love letterman...it's that gap in his front teeth..i love gaps in front teeth..think it is sexy...

     
  • At 4:15 AM, Blogger apositivepessimist

    after seeing that list of three movies...yes, you oughta hang yer head in shame. what are ya, some big woozy man ;)

    #4...i am laughing. mainly at the hair plugs.

    #5...ahh they're only human huh nit.

    i enjoyed reading these.