Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
GLOOMY GAB
Nothing will work unless you do.
Maya Angelou


Now I’m starting to feel old.
My oldest son who it seems was just getting out of diapers a few years ago started his first real job yesterday. I was just thinking about it and realized he will be 17 on July 2nd. In another year he will have to register for the draft. Now that’s a scary thought with old gump having 999 more days in office to bring on Armageddon.
Where did all the time go? I have had it a little better than some Dads. I have almost always worked nights and taken care of him and his brother (15) in the daytime when The Boss was off working. I did the same with two of my stepdaughter’s kid but now she is living with her fiancé and I don’t get to see them as much.
I guess I’m feeling a little sorry for myself and more than a little worried about both my boys as the current powers that be think they make good cannon fodder. My younger son is 15 and has been approached by the Army recruiters several times at school and given nifty pens and stuff. He loves to write and his older brother is a talented artist. Real talents to help you dodge bombs and bullets.
Well as I said Andrew started work and is very excited to be making his own money. Wait till he discovers deductions. He is a busboy and dishwasher at the USA Steak that his Sisters have worked at for years. Next year he goes to the local vocational school for two years of instruction in Commercial Art.
His brother wants to go into their writing program but has to wait one more year.
That is if the school can keep going. Almost every school system in this part of Ohio is broke and laying off people. This after spending millions to build new schools that in many cases replaced perfectly serviceable buildings, but the grant money was there. No child left behind is a groundbreaking program. Limit the things you teach the kids and limit their opportunities. Sure makes that military enlistment look a lot better.
I guess I’ve just lost some of my confidence about everything working out OK after the last couple of years of illness I have had to deal with.
Now I see that there is a larger and larger chance that my kids hopes and dreams will be forced to take a back seat to survival much like mine were during the Nixon and Ford administrations.
I must need a happy pill but that’s the one kind he seems not to think I need. Maybe Babs can use her new experiments in the art of spell casting to make me cheerful in spite of myself, or Jackiesue will send me a Jackiejoke that hits the spot.
Enough gloom and doom, I think I’ll go to bed and dream a little dream of success and popularity that will counteract all the evil spirits that seem to be in control right now.



My two football players a few years ago.
Nite all be more cheerful than I seem to be!
 
posted by Nit Wit at 8:26 AM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger Michele

    Time marches on my friend, enjoy
    the ride.Stop by for a visit.

     
  • At 12:11 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    did you get the one about the prawn again christian?..that one cracked me up...soo goofy..i love goofy..
    well, ohio may not have any jobs, or work to do ..but they dont have to worry about them damn gay people getting married now either..sorry...i keep trying to forget the election..ha

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    I don't know if you need any tricks from me!! Your comments seem to have some good ideas.
    I could see if I can find a happy candle for you! Or get one of those happy helmets that Stimpy invented for Ren and made him wear to make him happy!
    Hmmm... I wonder if BB boy is growing a tail? Maybe if I see him I'll ask if he starting growing one yet. And if he says no, I'll put out the candle arrangement again.
    Ya, the stairs suck. Most apartments in at least this area of TX are open to the outside. Not like NY apartments. What is really fun is if we have an ice storm. Those stairs are real fun then.

     
  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    u need happy....i am sending you happy..over the miles..hills and dales..here it is......wap..happy....

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    Cheer up!! You've been tagged!! I guess you are supposed to read about it on my blog or something.

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    Wow!! Someone who is actually happy to be tagged!!! Cool!

    I wanted to get her tulips, but they didn't have any. May be past season. So I bought a bouquet of different colored roses, even though she has beautiful rose bushes in her yard. It's the thought, right?