Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
FEARS AND FRUSTRATIONS
Those who want the Government to regulate matters of the mind and spirit are like men who are so afraid of being murdered that they commit suicide to avoid assassination.
Harry S. Truman


What is fear?

I remember when The Boss was with child I had fear for her and the baby all the time. My two boys were born without complications other than a little jaundice for The Artist. The Writer came so fast that we almost didn’t make it to the hospital. The Boss will say that I am telling stories when I say that we were going to play bingo that night. After The Writer was born she told me to go because she knew I would win.
I did win $100.00 and went next door and had a few drinks to celebrate. The Writer nags me about drinking all the time, go figure.
I also got propositioned (in a nice way, and not the first time) by another Sergeant I had worked with for a couple years who my bosses had been attacking for about six months because he was a little different. So much for “Don’t ask don’t tell” and all the political hay that was made out of it. Lauren has some experience with that kind of treatment as well as briteyellowgun.

I thought I would be afraid when I passed out and ended up riding in an ambulance to the hospital and passed out again in the emergency room, but I was more interested in what was happening and what was being done for and to me.
I just kind of rode the wave in a what will be will be sort of way.

Now, as to what my government does for me, I think I prefer to regulate matters of the mind and spirit for my own self. The Gump and me agree on almost nothing, and the things we come close on are more his pandering than an actual meeting of the minds. I use that term loosely by the way.
I have no urge to commit suicide but the present administration seems to be hell bent on taking me to meet their maker.
I know that some of my friends and my own brother suffer from depression, and it is believed to be caused by a chemical imbalance. Why don’t they try to correct the imbalance rather than give them mood altering drugs to flatten there moods so they basically stop feeling?
I know I am simplifying a complex medical condition but I can dream for magic if I want.
If you can’t dream what’s the point?
The Government that we have allowed to take over our lives wants us to live in terror of the boogeyman out there in the rest of the world and the one here at home that voices dissent of government policies.
I also think their actions have caused a lot of people to become depressed (maybe not clinically) about the future.
I then start jumping around the internet and see that there are a lot of people who are fighting in their own way for a better tomorrow.
Then I see how the powers that be promise these things and then forget once their positions are secure.
I think that the people who died on September 11th 2001 were a small percentage of the losses suffered to terrorism in the last five years. Without counting the massive losses of civilian life in both Afghanistan and Iraq I keep remembering that we have lost more of our people in foreign lands than we did in the towers and Pentagon, and jets that day. The survivors of the dead from that day have been honored and paid huge amounts of money for their loss. What of PFC Smith’s family?

The response I hear when I ask that question is that they were volunteers.
Well, I been there and done that and if the government uses lies and political games to get our troops into a no win situation where all they get to do is die, then they have broken faith with the volunteer military.
The backdoor draft has been in use for three years and the recruitment goals and figures have been jiggered to make it look like there is not a manpower problem but most people are not as stupid as the Gumpsters think they are.
I have a son who is 17. That’s The Artist. He has no desire to die so some oil company CEO can have a 400 million dollar retirement package.
I knew I wasn’t very focused when I started this post but sometimes you just have to rant.
Fear is the most reliable tool the politicians have to control people. If you think about it the tools they do have are pretty crude and play on basic emotions.
Must be why I try not to have any.
Then again as always I could be full of Shit.
 
posted by Nit Wit at 1:40 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    im not afraid of fear..im afraid of the people telling me to be afraid.
    them fuckers

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger Unknown

    If Gump had his way we're be living in something like was shown in "Big Brother", OOPS, I guess we're almost there.

    Our government has always lied to us, it's just that the present head honcho has taken it to all new levels.

    be afraid people. be very afraid

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    i now fear those fecking yankees could win the series. other than that, i'm happy as a clam.

     
  • At 1:58 AM, Blogger Scottish Toodler

    WOW! There is so much here, I have forgotten everything I was going to say. That is cool about your memories of your son's being born, I think you sound like an awesome dad. Maybe your depression is partly "sensitivity" to your environment. Maybe you are empathic and feel the feelings of those around you... Oh, and I just remembered I really like that point about the PFC family versus the 9/11 family. They are both victims!!! Did you hear Condi's latest bs??