Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Sunday, September 17, 2006
I AM A BAD BOY
Well, that would be what my old aunt Millie would say if she existed.

I have been neglecting my friends for my own enjoyment.

I should say one of my other enjoyments. I am an addict of NASA TV when the Shuttle is flying.
Well, I check it even when they are on the ground.
For the last few days I have been watching space walks and deployment of new solar panels on the International Space Station and replacement of a faulty radio dish.
I have watched three spacewalks by some pretty dedicated people.
I guess you have to be if you trust the equipment.
It just happens that when I get off work the space walks are just getting started. The trouble is they run later than I normally stay up. That means that I get up later so I can’t even check my E-mail.
When I was a kid, when god was a teenager I used to send off postcards to NASA and I would get great poster sized pictures of the moon landing and spacewalks and they would even pay the postage.
Yes, I was a geek before the word existed.
Boy, NASA had a great P.R. department back then. Now they pay a million bucks for a bolt and cut it from the Public relations budget.
I can't keep up with my blog buddies.
I am trying to catch up but it seems like a lost cause.
I haven’t gotten anything in the mail from the Focus on the Family people yet.
I am not surprised. They are an unreliable bunch.
I really wanted to see that stuff about keeping my kids from becoming gay democrats with a haltered of god fearing people.
I hope that I can be a super blogger soon, though I never have been in the past.
I have been watching some movies tonight that have me a little woozy.
How about, Basic and then Swordfish.
If that doesn’t screw you up nothing will.
Now it is The Brothers Grimm. I am very confused. 
 
posted by Nit Wit at 12:44 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I live about an hour from The Redstone Arsenal, the home of The Space & Rocket center and Space camp. Most of the shuttle was built here. Come visit and we'll go for a tour. I'll watch you ride the Rides but you ain't getting me to get on them with ya! Things like.........

    *G-Force Accelerator - Experience three times the force of gravity as you spin like crazy in the G-Force Accelerator! Damn, I'm getting dizzy already!

    *Space Shot - What does a rocket launch really feel like? Three, two, one, liftoff! Rocket 140ft straight up in 2.5 seconds.
    4 G's of force on launch!
    2 - 3 seconds of weightlessness out of your seat then a 1 G free fall!

    You must be 54in tall to ride (I'm sure you'll fit)

     
  • At 11:41 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    im so glad that its nasa..i would be broken hearted if i thought you were chipping with another blogger..

    wow..wasnt basic a kick in the ass? i loved that movie..i saw swordfish long time ago and forgot what it was about already...but basic..man i just saw it last week and it was killed..
    i made some kickass pork bbq..n.carolina style..oooh man it's good..and beans and cole slaw and corn bread..just for me...jeez..no wonder im so fat..

    ps so far this season im 19-12..teams beating the spread are killing me

     
  • At 12:23 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    What? You're cheating on me with NASA? Most of us have an inner geek. It's good to indulge it.

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger GiGi

    I am unreliable. Apologetic Hugs?

     
  • At 3:11 AM, Blogger Scottish Toodler

    I really love the idea of a gay democratic army. I like just those three words together, used in a sentence. The gay democratic army is going to loot the streets soon and force everyone to wear fabulous clothes. Brothers Grimm was great! Quick, go check the space station!!!

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger apositivepessimist

    don't sweat it Nitty...about not keeping/catching up :)

    we just had a celebration of 50 yrs of tele over here and they did the top 20 of most watched stuff...I believe the moon landing was at the top spot [don't quote me...memory baaad]