Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Thursday, November 17, 2005
SUPRISE!
Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.
Robert A. Heinlein


I thought I was getting better!

Had a little crisis Monday night and ended up with my very first in a few things.

1. First time passing out from a 101.5 temperature.
2. First Ambulance ride.
3. First time passing out in the Emergency Room after they thought they had me stabilized, and not even know it happened for24 hours.
4. First time I asked an Emergency Room Doctor how my blood numbers were and have her throw up her hands and say they were insane! This after comparing them to what they were a week earlier.
5. First stay in the hospital without surgery.
6. Worst of all, waking up when the Ambulance arrived at my home to see how much panic I had caused The Boss.

I’m still in the hospital it’s about 1 AM Thursday and worrying about my Blogging friends in Tennessee, Kentucky, and Indiana. We got lucky in Ohio and the storms blew themselves out.

They say I became dehydrated and my blood pressure was almost nothing. It’s finally up to normal levels and they took me off of my BP medicine. I also had almost no Potassium and they even gave me Magnesium. I have now had a Saline IV for over 50 hours with little bags of antibiotic about 8 times a day. They don’t even let me walk to the bathroom by myself.

The blood numbers are getting better but I’m still getting cramps in my hands and legs from low potassium. I’m learning more about this Doctor stuff every day.

I got my new power cord for my laptop and have it here now, but they won’t let me try to hack the wireless network here. I’m going to try to get a dial-up to work to post this.

I miss the Blogs and hope everyone has made it through the strange weather OK.
 
posted by Nit Wit at 1:57 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    So glad to hear from you!!!!

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Teressa

    Oh it is so nice to hear from you and know you are on the mend! That potassium is a trip. I have had problems with mine a few times. Get all well soon. You are in my prayers.

    God bless,
    Teressa