Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Sunday, June 25, 2006
Life Lessons
It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.
Mohandas Gandhi


It’s been a Little exciting around here the last few days. I went to work Friday night and not long after I got a call from my daughter that The Boss who was working a double shift at the prison was being taken to the hospital because her blood pressure went over 200 and she had heavy legs and pressure in her chest. She’s OK but still in the hospital and will have a heart cath. on Monday. They think she might have had the beginnings of a heart attack and need to check for blockages. They checked about 5 years ago and she didn’t have any but her EKG has changed now.
After I got her settled in the hospital I had to go back to work but it didn’t matter as Jackiesue's naked rain dance must have missed and our bakery in Lima was without power for 31 hours and I didn’t get my product until after 6 in the morning when it usually comes by 10 PM. She is getting rest now. She works double shifts all the time and I tell her not to as most of the money goes to the Gump and his cronies, and she needs the rest more.
I might as well be talking to the wall though.
In the last 7 months we have both been given a ride in an ambulance.
Getting old is a pain in the ass, in my case literally

For old time sake I’m watching a movie called Motel Hell, It stars Rory Calhoun. If you never saw it I think it’s his best work. It’s actually a very campy slasher sort of movie and funny as hell.

Well I need to get my sleep, I have to be to work in 12 hours and spend time at the hospital before that.
Nite Nite!
 
posted by Nit Wit at 7:44 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    oh man..hope the boss is ok..will ad her to the prayer list..usually i add family of people i pray for, but for some reason i forgot to add her and the kiddo's..they will go on today...
    hey, quit blaming my nekkid ass for power outages...
    i loved motel hell...Rory Calhoun was one of my favorites..he also played on some soap opera too...santa barbara maybe..? hard to remember...but i loved it..
    keep us all posted on the boss....wish i could do more than pray..but prayer is good....

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    Wow! I'll keep The Boss in my thoughts and prayers. So she's a little stubborn, eh?

    hehehe... oh no break to recover from right turns and hills. Next weekend, Daytona night race!

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger apositivepessimist

    Maybe this will be your double shifting wife's "hello" call Nit. Hope she is home soon, then again as you say she at least is taking the rest in hospital. So instead I will say hope all is well.

    He lives in Kentucky Nit so yeah he has plans for fish while your summer still continues :)

    Yeah I never really understood that whole loo water and its direction flow thing that Yanks always mention...until I was in the states. Our toilets when you flush them, the water comes from just beneath the seat so direction is not so much left or right but straight down...also our toilet bowls have the clean water sitting in them to start with. My first Yanky loo I kept flushing waiting for the water to be there. Thought it was broken. heh funny.

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Scottish Toodler

    I am sending extra good health vibes to you and The Boss. I loved motel hell years ago when I saw it, but only vague recollections. I hope you are well!!!