Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Monday, June 19, 2006
Father's Day Fun.
Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope.
Bill Cosby



Hey, I survived another Father’s Day.
I was awakened at the ungodly hour of 5:00 PM and told to get ready because my sons wanted to take me out to dinner before I went to work at 7:30 PM.
Washed and prettified and went out. My oldest son wanted to take me to Bob Evan’s, I had to explain to him that he and his two sisters work at USA Steak so guess where we spend our going out to dinner money.
So by the time we got there I managed to eat one plate from the salad bar and two steaks and baked potatoes and a pretty good chunk of coconut crème pie. Then off to work.
At least I didn’t have to pay the check.
I keep looking around for my Plasma TV and 19” flat panel computer monitor I asked for, for Father’s Day. They must be really good at hiding things though because I can’t find them. Oh well, I can dream. Can’t I?
First night back at work wasn’t bad. The route drivers as they came in to load their trucks all hit their knees and thanked God I was back. One guy even told the boss that if they brought back the same guy to take my place next time I’m off he was going to take the same week.
It’s nice to feel needed. Tonight they will be back to complaining and trying to tell me how to do my job.
I think the nude dancing ritual down Texas way has backfired. Yes they got a little rain but now it’s moved up here. Oh well we need rain too.
The old clock on the wall says it’s past my bedtime and time to get a new clock on the wall. So Nite all. Play nice.
 
posted by Nit Wit at 7:37 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    glad you had a nice fathers day...my kids used to give me fathers day cards and gifts on fathers day...as it was just me from the time thom was four and the short time mojo's dad was around..he wasent around long enough to make a difference...they would get me the ugliest tie in the store ...i have them still someplace...
    so..back to work...good for you..who's the new avatar guy???/

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    Sounds like some good eating there! Ah... they missed you at work. Nice to feel so loved. hehehe
    I agree... Jackiesue needs to work on her aim on that rain maker she has.
    I'm not sure, but I think my weather pixie is wearing a black top and black pants. She's probably troubled youth or something. I think I chose the punk pixie for the hell of it. The other ones wore flowery dresses and crap. I don't wear clothes with flowers on them. It's against my religion or something.

     
  • At 6:41 AM, Blogger apositivepessimist

    ou ou did you find your flatscreen monitor yet?

    can you shout yerself one nitty...they do indeed rock.