Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Sunday, July 02, 2006
Trials and Tribulations
Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there's a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see.
Helen Keller


I have to say it’s been a long ten days. First, The Boss had her little heart adventure and then my oldest stepdaughter who was 4 months pregnant has lost her baby.
She went for tests last Wednesday and they discovered the baby who up to then had been healthy heart had stopped beating. They had to put her into the Hospital Thursday and induce labor. It took about 14 hours but she finally gave birth to a little boy who seemed perfect. The Doctor thinks something happened with the umbilical cord.

He was Baptized Matthew James and we had the funeral Saturday. He was placed with his paternal Great Grandparents.
I really don’t deal with the emotional roller coaster that we all went through. I was lucky though, I had work during one of our busiest times of the year to help me get through.

The Boss was going almost non stop being there for her daughter to the point that I had to force her to get rest before she ends up in the Hospital again. She even did all the cooking for the wake they had.

I had worked all Friday night so after the funeral I came home and got some sleep.
As I said in a comment, I had had about all I could take of people and needed a break.

My Stepdaughter has 2 other children, a daughter 12 and a son 10. Her fiancé has a son age 6. They seem to be coping as well as can be expected.

I’m sorry, I know this is a sad thing to talk about but as Babs says, it’s my blog and I wanted people to understand if I have seemed a little stranger than normal lately.
 
posted by Nit Wit at 5:52 AM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    oh steve..im so sorry..how sad you and your family...wish there was something i could do...will say prayers for all of you monday...would go sunday but too many catholics...the loss of a child is terrible and such a small one...can't even begin to think what they are going thru...again..im so sorry...jac

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Linda

    I am so heartbroken for you and your family, especially your step-daughter, who must find her own way to cope. It is a comfort to know the baby was named, baptised and is resting with his grandparents. People can grieve with you and stay with you through your shock and sorrow, but only you can really know how it feels to lose a child. The Goddess works in mysterious ways, and sometimes it is not for us to understand why She does as She does. All I can say is I am very, very sorry and add a prayer to all the other prayers for your step-daughter, to give her strength to bear up and keep going. For you, Netwit, I want to thank you for your comment that you left me yesterday. You will never know how much it meant to me to know I was not alone or crazy for not wanting to deal with people at holiday time (and other times). I do have a low tolerance for bullshit, and you pointed it out and made me understand. Thank you....hugz, Linda

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger apositivepessimist

    aw Nit I'm very sorry to hear about your Matthew James.

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    I'm so sorry for her loss, your loss, your family's loss. I am glad you blogged about it, if nothing else to help yourself. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Roller coasters are over-rated.

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger Scottish Toodler

    I am so sorry to hear about your stepdaughter's loss. I think it is great that you blogged it. I like a blog that gives me the full range of human emotion, sad as well as silly etc. Again, my prayers are with you and your family.

     
  • At 5:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
    »