Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Sunday, November 02, 2008
CHANGING TIMES

Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that.
George Carlin RIP






Time sure does seem to be moving faster lately. It seems like it’s getting harder and harder to keep up.

I spend a huge amount of time in front of the computer and still don’t seem to get much done.

I never get household projects finished, and seem to fall into a time warp whenever I look at the date on my last real post on this blog.

All of this seems worse than ever as I try to keep up with what’s happening in the election.

The economy seems to have paused in its spiral down the toilet but I’m convinced by what I read and hear from people I think know what’s going on and what I observe for myself that this is just a pause while the real movers and shakers buy up fortune 500 companies for pennies on the dollar and con even more taxpayer money out of their Washington lackeys.
I’m not saying that it’s going to change much after Tuesday but they seem to think something going to change.

But that doesn’t matter as the Government has given us a great gift. A boon that will make everything all better. They are giving us a free hour to catch up with everything!

Now the only drawback is that’s an hour longer in the Bush administration. I shudder to think how much more damage they can do in 60 minutes.

So, what wonderful thing did you do with your extra hour? Now I understand that a small portion of the population of Indiana for some strange reason is denied this gift, but they don’t have to give it back in the spring either.
I’m sure everyone did great and productive things with their hour and the world will be a better place for it.

Me? Well I wrote this post and drank a beer or two while watching an hour of the second Indiana Jones movie in honor of the poor deprived residents (and confused visitors) to that area. I’m watching all of them tonight and maybe the new Journey to the Center of the Earth movie as well.

I’m sure none of you wasted this hour sleeping, but if you did I hope you had interesting dreams.

All I’ve been thinking for several days is,
HOT DAMN! I HAVE AN EXTRA HOUR BEFORE I HAVE TO GO BACK TO WORK!

I wonder... what’s it like to have a job you love?

Yum! Their serving monkey brains in the movie. Times a wastin!
 
posted by Nit Wit at 2:12 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger unokhan

    no wonder ydg has been bugging you to post.

    i've been thinking about that hour, and realize it's gonna push beer o'clock a bit into the future....mebbe not a bad thing ;-)

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    see...see!...damnit..tthis is a great post..i fecking love this post..and it was worth the wait..if you would post more you would have more to show for your time in front of the computer..i spent my extra hour getting ready to drive to mesquite texas (my real home town) for the family reunion...sigh*.that's going to be a great post.