Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Monday, July 17, 2006
HEADLINE HUH?
Everyone should get their news however they want to and in whatever form they want. I'm not going to sit back in judgment of other people and the way they do it.
Jim Lehrer

I have a Myway home page set up and like most home pages I have it configured with news headlines. The thing I like about Myway is it contains no ads at all. I have it set with 4 big story headlines and then separate sections for business news sports and stuff for geeks, plus the best part, the strange news.
My headlines tonight were…
1. ISRAEL ANSWERS ATTACK WITH LEATHAL BLOWS
2. ISRAEL BOMBS PALESTINIAN FOREIGN MINISTRY
3. IRAQ OIL OFFICIAL SEIZED, 26 DIE IN CAFÉ
4. OREGON PLANE CRASH KILLS ONE, DESTROYS HOME.

Something about this grouping bothered me so I went out to some of the sites I can get detailed news of the world. I put my finger on what bothered me almost right away.
We have a headline about 1 person in the US being killed in a plane crash that destroys a house lumped together with three stories that could report the beginning salvos of World War III.
I guess the plane crash story is considered by the editors of the Myway page to be more important than all the other stories that are going on right now. Things like the California wildfires, the other deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan, the heat wave in the US, the space shuttle landing later this morning, The disputed election in Mexico which has the potential to start a civil war that would give many Mexican citizens the excuse of political persecution to stay in the US, all the leaders over there in Europe to meet and get their names in the news acting like they have a clue of what’s going on in the world.
Also on the political front stories about the ways the Congress finds to waste time without doing anything to make our lives better. Then there are stories like the one I read about the current speaker of the house who has taken more money from lobbyists than Tom Delay got and the fact that more hate laws are being passed discriminating against Gay rights and also freedom of choice for women.

I know that the death, and even the destruction of the house are the most important and devastating news to a small group of people but come on is it really up their with all that other news for the general public? Some people would say yes, because it happened to Americans.
I wonder why about 90% of the people in the world hate us and our way of life.
Then again I could be and probably am full of shit.
 
posted by Nit Wit at 6:17 AM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    i noticed that myownself..and thought ownself..that is mighty mighty stupid...
    i expect a full out war in the middle east between israel and everbody else...gas being $5-6 a gallon, and our congress working their asses off to ensure that we arent subjected to them homosexuals messing with our marriages...by god ifin' them godless gays want to marry let them leave this country...cause we dont want them...it's ok that we dont have any health insurance, our kids think new mexico is a country and wages are still $5 which will be the price of gas..oh man..i have this stabbing pain over my right eye and have this urge to run out into the yard and scream at the top of my lungs...fuckity fuck fuck fuck...

    wow, i feel better now...

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger apositivepessimist

    I like Jim Lehrer...I watch his News Hour on our SBS channel.

    Just heard a snippet that Bushy forgot his microphone was on and was overheard saying...

    I'm not sure what he was saying as I missed that part but I reckon I'm gunna go surfing to see what it was.

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    See, why I like it when you post? I learn more from other people's blogs than I do the "news."
    Sad state of the world. I don't know what to think anymore, so I try not thinking and that doesn't work either.
    Mr. Freeze, where are you??

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Nit Wit

    The really sad part about this post is that I never even got around to reading any of the stories listed. It all seemed so pointless and sad and I wasn't in the mood to make myself feel smart by reading about how stupid the people in charge act. :)

     
  • At 1:25 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    It was a blog from the past, posted in the future... wrap your mind around that! muwhahahaha

    Your comments make up for your posting habits. You do great comments!

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger Linda

    I listen to my boy Lou Dobbs, Anderson Cooper and various other talk-shows. I check out Fox for the bullshit. I look at MSNBC between 5-6am because their morning show starts an hour before CNN. I read CNN's webpage and BBC's and sometimes even Aljeezera english page to see a different view of things. I also have other websites I check out for even different views on things. Somebody, somewhere as to be telling the truth. Then sometimes I just give my opinion, people can read it not. And I put a disclaimer: I am nuts and have the meds to prove it! BTW gas in Conn. is rediculous! $3.29/gall. Here the prices are about the same...for now anyway

     
  • At 5:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
    »