Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Thursday, January 04, 2007
NOW I HAVE AN EXCUSE FOR BEING MALE
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
Douglas Adams


We have a local paper here on the edge of the great poverty belt of Ohio and West Virginia that has been dubbed Appalachia by the politicians to remove the reminder of the poverty and employer abuse that routinely takes place in the coal mines and more and more by other industries in this area.

There is a column written by a man named Jerry Wolfrom who used to be the Editor of the paper before it was bought up by a big company. He retired to Florida then but still sends in a column from time to time. He had one in Tuesday's paper that I found enlightening.

He started out with a description of an old friend who a lot of people around here knew who was one of the rare men outside of politics who would talk your ear off and not let anyone else cut in.

The point of mentioning him was to talk about a new book that he read by Dr. Luan Brizendine called The Female Mind. She is a self proclaimed feminist and did a study that she just had to share with the world.

It seems that she found in her research that men and women have brains that are constructed differently.

She states in her book that the differences between the male and female brain explain why women are naturally more talkative.

She says women devote more brain cells to talking than men and the act of talking triggers a flood of brain chemicals which give women a rush similar to that felt by heroin addicts on a high.

She says that the differences can be traced to how testosterone molds the male brain in the womb. See, the women’s womb is responsible for the male pigs you are always complaining about.

The result is that a woman has a super highway to use for talking and expressing emotion while a man has a little deer trail that hasn’t been used in 10 years and nothing to clear a path with.

She also explains that a man uses less brain for hearing allowing them to become deaf to the most logical arguments put forward be their wives or girlfriends.
I think this is a little dig at the male animal.

Men on the other hand have devoted the unused brain cells to other vital uses.

It seems that the sex processor in the male brain is twice as big as the one in the female brain.

Men think about sex every 52 seconds. I only average about 60 seconds so I must be undersexed.

Women on the other had think about sex once a day.

I don’t buy that.

In my experience with women I have been involved with, some who don’t seem to be able to stop thinking about sex, but then again I have always be attracted to women who were basically tomboys.

I don’t have much of a point with this except that to most people it is stating the obvious. I also think that Dr. Brizendine missed exposing another belief as fact. I have heard all my life that women are bad drivers.

What do you expect when all they have to do is talk, and get as high as if they were mainlining heroin.

I think if we let the scientists keep finding out how the universe works, it will all change.
I haven’t decided if this would be a good thing or not.
 
posted by Nit Wit at 6:20 AM | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger apositivepessimist

    yeah I’m more boy like in the sex thinking.

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger apositivepessimist

    I wonder if I'll get over it as I age.

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger apositivepessimist

    arhaaha...oh look I came twice already.

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger Nit Wit

    so did I and I was asleep.

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    you two are fucking weird..i love you both..
    damn..now i need a cigarette..
    in that book that i sent you, they explain how the alternate universe became..when man first had conscious thought..the world split..allowing the humans to live and rule in one world and the neanderthals live and rule in the other...i like the neanderthals world a lot better than ours..if you like that book..there is a part 2 and a part 3..i loved them all..great reads....

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    I need to talk more. The walls are great listeners.

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger the rube

    i think women also have micro chip that makes them think rules are made to be followed.

    men got the relax and have a beer micro chip. (man was made in god's image)

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Damn, y'all already posted the good comments, now I'm left with nothing to say. Does this mean that I have a male mind.........

     
  • At 2:28 AM, Blogger Clance' McClannahan

    Well, to be perfectly honest with all of you...I think my Dale may have been one of those men she studied.
    Fits him to the T...I will count and see how many times I think of sex tomorrow. I do not believe I did today. Til now. Damn. Now I can't stop thinking about it....over and over...moans...~Dale yells from the other room"What the hell's the matter with you? Is your leg hurting or something?"

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    i think of sex every time i see craig bierko on boston legal..that man turns me on for some reason...he also played max baer the bad boxer on cinderella man...sigh....and was on the 13th floor...i like thinking about sex...makes me quit thinking about football..