Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
OVERLOADED BRAINCELLS
Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors... and miss.
Robert A. Heinlein



Some people have told me that my best posts are the ones that let my real feelings see the light of day. You know my hopes and fears, my dreams and nightmares.

I can’t imagine why anyone would want to read anything like that.

I don’t find this easy under the best conditions.

My oldest son The Artist has passed all 4 of the required tests for graduation, with only a year and a half to spare.
That means he will graduate as long as he passes his classes.
The only child left behind around here is The Gump
The lowest grade The Artist ever had was a C. Once.
Yeah, I’m a little proud of that.
I’m not sure why. He did it not me.
My other son is a very good musician and writer who gets good grades too.

I worry about how I will help them in the future. The things they want for their futures will require more than I will be able to provide and that has taken me a long time to admit even to myself. I keep hoping for a Mega Millions ticket to make all their dreams come true.
I just had a little bit of a revelation.
I never expected anything from my parents so why should my kids expect anything from me.
I think that is a subject for our first family meeting.
Maybe it’s too late for that.

I’ll give you an idea of my frame of mind right now.
I just spent the night watching,
Crank
The Covenant
The Night Listener (Robin Williams) So deep I almost drowned...
The Illusionist (A love story if you can believe it).
Snakes on a Plane. (Just to put me back into a proper frame of mind before bedtime. )
I should have quit after the 15th beer.
Sorry but I got caught up in the story line.
I mean what could be better than Snakes on a Plane?
That is as close as it gets to real around the Nits wittle house.
Ta Ta For Now!
 
posted by Nit Wit at 1:36 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger the rube

    the other heinlein quote i live by is:

    dont' handicap your children by making their lives easy.

     
  • At 6:55 AM, Blogger apositivepessimist

    Isn’t it funny how we think as parents...that we “should” make their dreams more attainable, when ultimately it is up to them to make them come true.

    I’m liking ruby’s quoting the quote.

     
  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger Rocky (Racquel)

    Dude, you named your kid "Gump"??? WTF?? hehee

    You already provided your kids with what they need for their dreams to come true. Money can't do it - just moral support from D.O.D. (dear old dad)

    Happy belated New Year NW!!

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger Cassandra

    I think I'm going to watch "The Holy Grail" tonight to get my mind turned around.
    First family meeting? Why not just a family memo. Tell them money doesn't grow on trees or parents. And they could help out by getting their own lottery tickets!

     
  • At 3:27 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    my yankee girlfriend and i were talking about when we were kids...no one promised us a rose garden..no one said if you make all a's i will pay for you to go to college...you got jobs and put yourself thru school...and no one said i love you at every twist and turn...we knew our parents loved us...they were our parents..now when i got older and had kids we said it all the time...but it was because i started it..and we still keep it up..but we didnt have big hopes and dreams and expectations from our parents...kids now have such expectations...new ipod..new tennis shoes, new clothes, new cd, new this new that...i got clothes when school started and then got winter clothes...never thought i wasnt loved because daddy and mommy didn't spend all their money on me..
    you are lucky..you have great kids..that let you watch snakes on the plane..

     
  • At 3:27 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    my yankee girlfriend and i were talking about when we were kids...no one promised us a rose garden..no one said if you make all a's i will pay for you to go to college...you got jobs and put yourself thru school...and no one said i love you at every twist and turn...we knew our parents loved us...they were our parents..now when i got older and had kids we said it all the time...but it was because i started it..and we still keep it up..but we didnt have big hopes and dreams and expectations from our parents...kids now have such expectations...new ipod..new tennis shoes, new clothes, new cd, new this new that...i got clothes when school started and then got winter clothes...never thought i wasnt loved because daddy and mommy didn't spend all their money on me..
    you are lucky..you have great kids..that let you watch snakes on the plane..