Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Thursday, February 08, 2007
MILESTONES
The return of my birthday, if I remember it, fills me with thoughts which it seems to be the general care of humanity to escape.
Samuel Johnson


One thing I like about this blog is that your birthday is not listed in your profile, though they do list your age. They even get it right unlike Blogster who never got mine right.

I had another one zip by on Monday. I have now completed my first year in the second half of my first 100 years in this demented circus. I was happy to note that it got very little play in the media and in the family for that matter. My Stepmother remembered as always. I don’t know how she keeps track. Every holiday, every birthday, anniversary, or special occasion a card arrives in the mail. She single handedly keeps Hallmark in business. The family have all remembered now, as of today. The Boss had a happy birthday for me on the actual day. The boys remembered when I reminded them.

I don’t think the family likes being reminded of my age after November 2005 when I got my first ride in an ambulance and went into the Emergency room for a real emergency.
I can understand that, I don’t like being reminded and I was passed out most of the time.

Although I did like that student nurse from Kent State who picked me as the subject of her next paper towards graduation at the end of the year. It pays to have a rare disorder, everyone wants to study you.

School has been out all week but Wednesday was for real snow covered roads instead of cold. Only a 2 hour delay today though, at least so far. I was looking forward to having a little solitude this week but it seems like someone is always around. At least it’s some of my favorite people.

I have the movies Flags of Our Fathers, Hollywood Land, and Running with Scissors to watch but I haven’t watched them yet.


I have a few posts in the pipeline right now, but they aren’t quite ripe yet. It must be the cold slowing the growing season down. Brain freeze without the ice crème goodness.

71 in Texas, that just isn’t right.
Must be all the Republicans talking.

It might get yp to 23 today.
I'm still on vacation and I still wish I was in Florida.
 
posted by Nit Wit at 7:26 AM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 1:42 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    can't gloat any more about our weather..it's 38 tonight and high of 48 tomorrow..farq...

    damn..wish you had told me it was your birthday...so ...a late happy birthday..sending a big texas sized birthday hug your way...

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger the rube

    happy fecking birthday.

    all 51 year olds are given carte blanche to nap and fart.

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    Damn! I missed your birthday. Happy belated one!
    I always figured I'd make a case study someday. Googlephobia may need to be added to pscyh manuals.

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    you must be really enjoying your time off as you aren't posting again..schmuck....

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger apositivepessimist

    oooh Happy Birthday Nitty!!

    you were born one day and mumbleyears before my latest niece was.

     
  • At 2:07 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    There was only one leftover cheeseburger. Life is unfair.

     
  • At 12:37 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    where the farg are you??? plus..my buddy danny is back posting..bookemdanno2.blogspot.com