Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Thursday, July 20, 2006
HERE WE GO AGAIN!
The last couple of years have really been filled with new experiences for my family.
I won’t make a list, but let’s just say that we are all becoming very familiar with the local hospital, pharmacy, and our medical insurance providers.
I got The Boss up yesterday morning to go to work and she had a major case of acid indigestion. She went to work anyway and got sick and came back home.
While I was sleeping she called her doctor and he told her to go to the emergency room which she did by herself. I got up later and talked to my daughter and was told that the doctor had given her a sedative and she needed someone to bring her home. I called Emergency and they said she was having an ultrasound and would be back soon.
I got a ride to the hospital so I could bring her car home. When I got to her cubical the nurse told me she was being admitted and would have her Gallbladder removed Thursday afternoon. HUH?
Turns out the Ultrasound revieled that her Gallbladder was full of stones.
Funny I always thought that you would have symptoms for more than a few hours.
So, they had her on pain medication and as she is not used to it she was almost completely out of it. I’ll be spending the afternoon in a waiting room and hospital room and I’m the lucky one.
I hope we can spend a reasonable time away from doctors and hospitals after this, though I still have my wound clinic visits.
Next Tuesday may be my last one!

Like I said, here we go again.
 
posted by Nit Wit at 4:08 AM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    oh sweety, im so sorry...will go out and light candle at st. mary's...it's my candle lighting day anyhow..will light her a big one...hugs and kisses to you all...

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    Awwwhh Nit! I hope all goes well with The Boss.

    I'll buy Dr. Matthew's car for you off e-bay. Okay, maybe not, but it's the thought that counts, right!

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger apositivepessimist

    maybe they were niggly pains that yer wife managed to ignore Nitty, women do that :)...glad that they are operating pretty swiftly and hope all goes well.


    heh yeah as much as my little sister reckons I was horrid to her I wasn't physically horrid...but really I just generally ignored her for a few years...which was kinda probably worse. oh well she turned out okay.

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    WHEN YOU HAVE TIME, AND I KNOW YOU HAVE YOUR HANDS FULL..BUT I HAVE THE LINK TO SILENTBOBSPEAKS ON MY BLOG ROLE, WHERE IT HAS THE INTERVIEW WITH THE DISC JOKEYS OPIE AND SOMEBODY WITH KEVIN SMITH AND JOEL SIEGEL..CHECK IT OUT..IT'S PRETTY FUNNY..JAC

     
  • At 1:20 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    How did The Boss's surgery go?

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I like it! Good job. Go on.
    »

     
  • At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
    »