Random ramblings from my beer soaked melon about politics, religion, sex, stupidities, nature, and any other subject that penetrates the haze. Sometimes crude and not for the faint of heart or people with normal intelligence, or an abundance of common sense.
Friday, July 21, 2006
OPERATION OUTAHERE
Well The Boss is doing fine and the operation was successful. That nasty old Gallbladder has been banished to the hospital lost and found.
It was a short operation. The surgeon spoke to me afterward. He knows me better than I like being one of the three surgeons who ogled my second asshole Thanksgiving week when I was confined to this same institution. He admitted that he almost sent The Boss home to have the operation set up for later as they were overbooked like an airline. He told me he’s glad he didn’t because it turned out that her Gallbladder was in rotten shape and very inflamed and full of stones. We talked about the lack of symptoms until yesterday and figured she was having pain for awhile and didn’t say anything. She hates going to the doctor.
Anyway she is doing fine but in a fair amount of pain. She got up tonight and took a walk and that was when she decided to have a little pain medication. So they gave her Morphine and I went home so she could get some rest.
She feels bad because she was planning on making me take everyone to a Reds game this weekend even though I thought we needed to save the money for bills.
She might get to come home tomorrow but more likely Saturday as the operation didn’t even start until 3:00 PM. She needs the rest but wants to be home.
Thanks for all the nice words and concern. I think I’m gonna read some more of The Ultimate Hitchhiker’s Guide by Douglas Adams. A collection of all the Hitchhiker’s books including the newest one called Mostly Harmless. Everyone in the hospital was remarking on how big a book I was reading. Then I would tell them what it was and they would go, OH. That was the universal reaction, and they all seemed a little confused.
Nite all!
 
posted by Nit Wit at 2:51 AM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 3:19 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    I'm glad the surgery was done ASAP. Hope her pain goes away quickly, but she gets the rest that she needs to recover.

    Let 'em be confused!!!

     
  • At 7:14 AM, Blogger Linda

    I can identify with your Boss. I was having a liver scan and they found my gallbladder just packed with stones. I never felt anything at all, without that scan the stones would still be there. The operation is easy these days, I just have 5 little scars from the laprascopy *plus 3 stones the nurse got for me* I had about 50 that size and a lot of sand. About 20 years ago I knew somebody who had gallbladder surgery, and they cur her from the front to the back, a long cut she took a while to recouperate from. However she had two large white stones that filled up a large pill bottle. I was SO impressed. Hope The Boss is feeling better and the scars are healing well..BTW, did she get any stones????

     
  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger yellowdoggranny

    the boss really is one tough one isnt she...? i admire that in a mom...glad all is well, and she will be home soon to keep you on the right track..cause we all know she is what is keeping you from going 'round the bend and off into the deep end..haha
    walked into library yesterday and henrietta had the biggest grin on her face and handed me james lee burke's new dave book...im so happy i could just shit..

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Cassandra

    Hmmm... your meal sounded pretty good too there Nit.

     
  • At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
    »